The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by jng

1. J

Ageing photographers and the weight. Simplicate and add lightness.

I feel your frustration on this! I've found that it helps to use the 907 as I did with the original Hasselblad 500 series body with waist level viewfinder: flip the LCD screen up at a 90 degree angle, and then hold the camera down by your waist, pulling it taut against the neck strap (this...
  2. J

Lol, consider the favor returned: Motivated by your last post, I just did a few measurements to confirm that the micro ICU can take the 907-CFV w/55V mounted, one additional lens, and perhaps a spare battery. It seems that there’s one in my future. A photographer can’t have too many bags, after...
  3. J

Medium Format Pets

Also known as the Soup Exception...
  4. J

Hi Matt, Dante thanks you. Your friend, John
  5. J

Thanks, Matt. I was particularly interested in the side-to-side dimension, which they list @ 29 cm, pretty close to the small ICU's 29.2 cm width. Does it fit? And yes, using the ICU in this pack would mean extra/wasted padding and therefore extra weight and bulk. But TBH the f-stop packs are...
  6. J

Matt, Oh, dear. I wasn't aware of Compagnon... And my closets are already overflowing with camera bags I don't use. Do you know whether the small f-stop ICU will fit inside the compartment of the 30L pack (the dimensions suggest it will be a snug fit)? I know, seems silly to do this but I like...
  7. J

I use the Turn Style 5 V2.0 sling from Think Tank. There's enough space for the camera w/one lens mounted and another lens nestled in behind it if it's one of the smaller ones. f-stop sells some smaller inserts, but I haven't really looked into these. John
  8. J

44x33. Were you seriously asking? 🤪
  9. J

Fun with MF images 2024

Light Show by John Ngai, on Flickr X2D | XCD 21 | f/4 | 11s | ISO 800 There was quite the light show going on over my neighbor's house last night here in Northern California. While I was too lazy to find a spot for a more artistic composition, luckily I didn't need to go far (my front stoop) to...
  10. J

Up until recently, for just about any "serious" outings I would always favor lugging along my Cambo + IQ4 kit with any number of lenses (and sturdy tripod, of course). But time is taking its toll on me and since acquiring the Hasselblad X2D and more recently the 907x-CFV100c, I've really found...
  11. J

Hasselblad 24mm (or 25mm) f2.5V and 135mm f2.5V

I thought the content and style looked familiar. I just checked and found the old toothwalker.org URL sitting in one of my bookmark folders - what a great resource this was! Thanks to @TechTalk for pointing us to this page. John
  12. J

Hasselblad's aversion to red dots

Yes, same here. I place a waterproof circular label with the lens’s focal length written on it so I can quickly see which lens I’m grabbing out of the bag.
  13. J

True! Although at the end of the day, I am more interested in the performance coming out of the raw converter than what can be seen on the optical bench.
  14. J

I once did a back-to-back comparison of the 40 IF with the original XCD 3.5/45 on the 50 Mp 44x33 X1D; sharpness was comparable edge to edge. I previously owned a CF 4/50 FLE, which showed (I think) pretty significant field curvature on the full frame 54x40 sensor - a "feature" to bring...
  15. J

Agreed. Although there's no free lunch - while still stellar even by today's modern optical standards, the 40 IF introduces quite a bit of mustache distortion (not to mention a wee bit of LoCA if you pixel peep @ 100%). And it's a beast! John