The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

SeanThekayaker

Shot just after astronomical dark on the Kaikoura Peninsula (NZ) as the Milky Way rose in the
eastern sky - Scorpio just visible above the horizon. Foreground was a single shot just before
complete darkness, combined with six 4-minute exposures of the sky, camera mounted on a
an IOptron tracker. This was the first night sky image I've tried with a newly acquired Fuji GFX
100s, and it acquits itself well - GF 23mm at F/5.6.

John

View attachment 213223
It is an entrancing and inspiring image

cunim

One of the exercises I set myself is to shoot something that lacks interest, but interpret it in such a way that it wants to be looked at. This is a strip of grass, some rocks and few trees located between a road on the left and a gravel parking lot on the right. At the end of the strip is a chain link fence barring entry to a hydro facility. I pass by this little scene on my dog walks and the dog likes to pee on one particular rock.

IQ4, Rm3di, 40HR, tilt

review-2.jpg

Last edited:

Grayhand

Here I caught two strapping Danish lads redhanded when they invade and partially destroy Borgholm Castle on Öland in Sweden.1361 (from an exhibition at Borgholm Castle)
Sweden and Denmark hold the world record for the number of times two countries have gone to war with each other.
Depending on which historian you ask, the number of wars is given as 12 or 13.
But there are also historians who state up to 37 wars if you go back far enough, and a little depending on how strict you are when you judge what was Sweden and Denmark.
So Denmark is usually described as Sweden's arch-enemy. The last war was in 1814.
But today we have forgiven them everything, almost..

903SWC CFV50c, ISO 1600, handheld
Ray

cunim

When my father lived in Hillerod, his third wife (a Dane) told me that Swedes (and Norwegians) were no good because they just come to Denmark to get drunk. I guess in the pre EU days booze was cheaper in Denmark. I remember a Swedish friend saying that "Danes are not real Scandinavians". So it goes.

Nothing at all to do with Danes. Inks.

review.jpg

SeanThekayaker

Here I caught two strapping Danish lads redhanded when they invade and partially destroy Borgholm Castle on Öland in Sweden.1361 (from an exhibition at Borgholm Castle)
Sweden and Denmark hold the world record for the number of times two countries have gone to war with each other.
Depending on which historian you ask, the number of wars is given as 12 or 13.
But there are also historians who state up to 37 wars if you go back far enough, and a little depending on how strict you are when you judge what was Sweden and Denmark.
So Denmark is usually described as Sweden's arch-enemy. The last war was in 1814.

903SWC CFV50c, ISO 1600, handheld
Ray
It’s a beautiful shot — looks like something taken by a time traveller ;) Some Danish friends were in southern Sweden a few months ago hunting and they raised the Dansk flag over their make-shift camp, drank beer painted their faces and shouted about re-invading Sweden. When I asked them about why they did it, they were too embarrassed to tell me. Now I understand the historical roots of what they did.

Last edited:

GeorgeBo

Did an early morning hike in the DuPont State Forest in North Carolina today. Had the 25V and an adapted Nikkor-H·C 40mm/4 for Bronica lens from the 1970s on the 907x.

Went with the 40mm view for this shot. 25mm was too wide

B0000339.jpg
CFV 100C/907X | NIKKOR-D·C 40mm f/4

Last edited:

rdeloe

First day at a new project site, Crawford Lake Conservation Area in southern Ontario. It was a beautiful, bright sunny day -- my least favourite light in the forest under the trees. But it works well for the canopy.

R. de Loe GFXB7252.jpg

Fuji GFX 100S on an Arca-Swiss F-Universalis with the Schneider Kreuznach APO-Digitar 35mm f/5.6 L-88​

f6cvalkyrie

Went for a walk with the Phase One DF this morning, but I was "boycotted" by the rain ...
Overijse is well known for its greenhouses and grapes, and you find symbols of that all over the village ...
And the daisies and poppies are in bloom along the country roads.

Stay safe,
Rafael

P1 DF - IQ140 - Mamiya 120/4 Makro MF

P1 DF - IQ140 - SK 80/2,8

P1 DF -IQ140 - Mamiya 300/4,5 APO