The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 100C and 35XL

anyone

I now just had a detailed look at the files. It seems what I saw was electronic shutter related, not the banding. I corrected my post above, apologies for the confusion!

mristuccia

Today, while I was working on Warren's sample files with the intention of developing an interpolation solution, I noticed that the distance between the bands is not constant. I mean, they are not evenly spread. I measured an average distance of 200 to 220 pixels, depending on the vertical position.

That complicates things, as this distance most probably depends on the shifting amount, the light rays' incident angle, and on the specific lens used.

So I gave up, at least for now.

vjbelle

I tried Warrens software solution and just couldn't make it work. More than likely my error somewhere. Regardless I can shift my 50mm Rody 18mm LR Portrait position and end up with an equivalent FOV of a 35mm lens. That is really the most I would need for 99.99999 of anything I would ever shoot. No banding and easy files to work with in Camera Raw or Phocus.

Victor B.

vjbelle

I now just had a detailed look at the files. It seems what I saw was electronic shutter related, not the banding. I corrected my post above, apologies for the confusion!
Good to hear you got that sorted out. The Schneider 180mm lens is a great lens and works extremely well with the 100C or any other DB.

Best.....

Victor B.

diggles

I tried Warrens software solution and just couldn't make it work. More than likely my error somewhere. Regardless I can shift my 50mm Rody 18mm LR Portrait position and end up with an equivalent FOV of a 35mm lens. That is really the most I would need for 99.99999 of anything I would ever shoot. No banding and easy files to work with in Camera Raw or Phocus.

Victor B.
Hey Victor,

What I have noticed is that with some images the sky becomes quite bright after changing the layer blending mode to divide. To fix these issues I either lower the opacity or add an adjustment layer to bring down the brightness in the sky.

If you are interested, send me a link to your files via PM and I'll see if I can get it to work.

Warren

ruebe

I asked Hasselblad today if there is an update respectively what they are doing to solve the banding issue. This is what I heared back:

„The only suggestion that we have at the moment is that you use the method mentioned in the enclosed file to avoid these lines.

If/when this issue will be solved via firmware or Phocus, we cannot comment, but the R&D team was informed.“

The referred „file“ is @diggles guide on how to remove the stripes in PS identical to his post on here.

Not sure what to think of it. The „If“ and „was informed“ somehow puts me off. What are you guys (with tech cam use cases) thinking? How about returning it?

akaru

Stitching with longer lenses was a primary use case for me, but I was hoping to use it with Schneider wides sometimes, so this is still unwelcome news.

I don’t know much about the PDAF assembly, assuming that’s the cause, wondering if it could be removed, like removing the Bayer filter for monochrome conversion. I would be fine with a B&W Cfv-100c…

chriswebb

Stitching with longer lenses was a primary use case for me, but I was hoping to use it with Schneider wides sometimes, so this is still unwelcome news.

I don’t know much about the PDAF assembly, assuming that’s the cause, wondering if it could be removed, like removing the Bayer filter for monochrome conversion. I would be fine with a B&W Cfv-100c…
I would guess it cannot be removed like the bayer filter since it isn't sensor wide and is probably close to the same plane as the normal pixels, but I could easily be wrong.

Mainly commenting to say how easy a decision purchasing a mono CFV 100C would be for me. Especially if they removed the PDAF at the same time. For me if I am using AF glass, I much prefer the X2D with IBIS to the CFV-100C and 907X.