The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by 4*Paul

1. 4*Paul

Hasselblad XCD 28P

Matt Press the DOF button first and then the zoom - that works on the X2D. Unlike yours, not an entertaining post from me but, hopefully, a useful one!
  2. 4*Paul

Please help convince me to keep my IQ4150...or not

Hello Peter I’m a little bit late to the party on this one and everyone else has given some very sensible advice. However, it would be remiss of me not to comment as I have the same equipment and been through a similar dilemma. The outcome is that I’ve kept both on the basis that, even though...
  3. 4*Paul

Overexposure IQ4 Live view

This problem sounds similar to one that I had on my IQ4 but I can’t be certain that it is the same as the one you’re experiencing. Anyway, here is what I found that solved it. I was setting the exposure on a Tech Cam via the iLve View tools and getting over exposed images. The smaller the...
  4. 4*Paul

Support for the Hasselblad X series in Capture One

Done! Looking through the requests, I didn’t see many for Hasselblad so it would be good to get a few more. Or maybe we can ask the prolific “Lily” to support us :rolleyes:
  5. 4*Paul

Focus Stacking Question

Considering the evident expertise in this thread and forum generally, I’m a little diffident to post my simplistic approach to mitigating the problem - but here goes! Your experience Greg motivated me test out something that I thought I had seen, but never confirmed. So I set up a small scene...
  6. 4*Paul

Focus Stacking Question

Ah, I had forgotten that it doesn’t work with all lenses. I only use a non-BR SK 120mm Macro which covers all my needs and is a (relatively) inexpensive lens. Best of luck Greg and enjoy the learning process - which never ends!
  7. 4*Paul

Focus Stacking Question

Agree with everything said above about using Helicon & Zerene. I generally prefer Zerene and find the (always necessary) retouching easier. Have you tried the XF’s Focus Stacking feature? It won’t solve the problems you’ve described in this thread but makes life a lot easier by taking the...
  8. 4*Paul

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

The second one below was taken with a Mamiyaflex C330 a few years later (probably June 1971) in the same area when fly fishing in the hill lochs above Loch Broom. The fisherman was my old mate Ray Collier who sadly died last year. The film was Agfa CT18 and lens probably the 180mm Sekor judging...
  9. 4*Paul

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

Looking through some old MF transparencies I found a couple which seemed worth scanning. The first is of Loch Broom looking towards Ullapool and the Summer Isles in NW Scotland. Taken in June 1967 or 1968 with my first MF camera - a Pentacon 6 with 180mm Zeiss Jena Sonnar on Kodak film. I’m...
  10. 4*Paul

Fun with Nikon Images

Lovely photos Thorkil - particularly that last one which is full of atmosphere.
  11. 4*Paul

DPR: 907X and CFV II 50C sample gallery and impressions

Interesting discussion as I’ve been through this dilemma since I acquired an X1D to use alongside a Phase IQ back. I’ve used Phocus on and off for at least 10 years, maybe more, when it was necessary to process 3FR files that came out of my Flextight scanner. It worked just fine but somehow I...
  12. 4*Paul

WTB: Alpa Mamiya 645 Lens Module and/or Alpa 11mm Adapter (spacer).

Long shot, I know, but just in case anyone has either of these lying around unused I need both for a test that I’m planning - an old Mamiya zoom lens on an Alpa STC. It may be a daft idea but initial tests suggest that it’s worth a go. I’m in the Uk but would consider paying for shipping...
  13. 4*Paul

has anyone tried the Hasselblad CFV II 50c with tech camera?

I thought that the video, linked below, was relevant to this thread (even though it’s an X1D rather than a CFV) so hope you find it interesting. After a long period of taking some lovely shots with an X1D, James Bell has moved to a Cambo Actus XCD with Hasselblad 40mm CFE IF lens (I think) -...