The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by adamduckworth

1. A

Where is the X1D ????

I saw one for sale in the shop window of a camera shop in the centre of Cologne last Thursday, along with a lens. http://www.foto-lambertin.de/store/shop/catalog.asp?productkey=122&manufacturer=Hasselblad
  2. A

Phase One XF with Schneider-Kreuznach 120mm TS issue?

Sorry, meant to get back and say thanks Bill. Yes, I just had to set the XF to "manual lens" and it worked with the TS lens and also the Ersat manual fisheye thing, no problems. RTFM, of course... But the most advanced camera in the world needing the user to dig into menus to select "manual...
  3. A

Phase One XF with Schneider-Kreuznach 120mm TS issue?

Hi there Just tried my Schneider-Kreuznach 120mm TS lens on my XF and it doesn't work.. ie the shutter doesn't fire. Are there any settings I need to change (as I see the lens is listed as still current, so should work I hope!) I also have an Ersat 30mm fisheye lens with manual aperture ring...
  4. A

Photography quotations

Similar to this is... How do you make a million dollars from photography? First, start with two million dollars...
  5. A

ND filter or high shutter speed LS

And Profoto Airsync also works wirelessly up to maximum 1/1600th sec (if you're using the right back).
  6. A

LS Lens Trouble

Mine has just done the same... locked up on a job. I did the re-set thing but it's not worked... so off for a repair. My kit doesn't get hard use and it totally babied.. so it's a right pain the lens messed up on a big job. Looks so unprofessional. When my IQ160 then began eating batteries...
  7. A

Yet more tethering know-how required!

Thanks very much Mr Kipling! I've just bought a 4.5 metre USB3 cable from Tethertools which arrived today so I'll give it try! (I got it from uklight - Lighting for film, television, video production and still photography. - uklight in London who have loads of cool tethering kit in stock, by...
  8. A

Yet more tethering know-how required!

I have just upgraded from 645DF and P40+ to a DF+ and IQ160, and am looking for some tethering advice. On the P40+ I used a super-long FW cable, with a FW converted to FW800, to another Thunderbolt converter to work on my Macbook Air. Sounds like problems waiting to happen, but was in fact...
  9. A

Tether with Mac Book Air

Same here. I tether a P40+ to an 11in Mac Air via the adapter. And it works fine, except the camera must be on battery power as the FW cable doesn't provide enough juice. The 11in screen is small though. Part of its charm, of course, in its portability. The whole thing is not much bigger than...
  10. A

FS:Mamiya/ Phase One Zoom AF 75-150mm f/4.5D UK

Now SOLD and paid for within just a few hours! The power of get DPI!
  11. A

FS:Mamiya/ Phase One Zoom AF 75-150mm f/4.5D UK

For sale, my Mamiya Zoom AF 75-150mm f/4.5D lens. Same as the Phase One version but Mamiya branded. It's in excellent condition and comes with original box. Comes with hood and both caps. Looking for £1200 + shipping at cost (insured) to wherever you are! I'm in Northamptonshire in UK...
  12. A

I know everyone here loves the Cube but....

Video heads don't work with the camera in the portrait position (as you'd never do that with a video camera). So unless you have an L-bracket, it would be dodgy! And I don't know of any video heads that use the Arca standard fitment, although you can probably use a converter on a Manfrotto or...
  13. A

FS Mamiya D (Phase One) 28mm f4.5 lens

Les than 3 hours left on eBay.. it will be sold!
  14. A

Free live fashion webinar Tuesday Nov' 20th

As Yair said, flash durations gets longer the more power you dial in... in some studio flashes but not all. In some, it's the opposite and they get faster the more power you dial in. And in others, the duration varies up and down as more power is dialled in, and different capacitors inside come...