The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Chris C

1. C

Coming back to Leica

Don, Great find; exactly what I need so I'm getting one. Others too will be interested I think : https://akaralabs.com/products/leica-m-mount-lens-6-bit-encoder Video : ........... Chris
  2. C

The Leica Picture Thread

Bart, I have an M8 but 40mm is not for it. My main camera is an M10-R, but plan to move to the M11 platform later in the year [if/when the M11 virus is sorted out]. Minolta; yes, I even bought one a few years back –– from one of Europe's 'prestige' dealers. The lens elements arrived...
  3. C

The Leica Picture Thread

Bart, Thank you for another helpful reply, I had no intention to derail this thread, but solid information about the 40 Heliar is thin on the ground, and I hope that perhaps others might find your feedback useful too. In answer to what put me off the lens : I thought the corner performance and...
  4. C

The Leica Picture Thread

Bart, Many thanks for your helpful reply, and yes; I too was shut out from the forum for a while. Should I presume that 'Soft Image Sharpening 1' is part of Capture One? It would really help me if you could reveal which f-stop you likely used on the 'NEMO rooftop' shot. I've been puzzled by...
  5. C

The Leica Picture Thread

Bart, I have looked closely at your Heliar 40mm f2.8 pics and you've made a compelling case for me getting one. After Fred Miranda's review I expected it's flaws would drive me crazy and so I had dismissed the lens as not-for-me. Your examples have disturbed, cajoled, and challenged my initial...
  6. C

Close-ups shot on Leica cameras

Bill, Thank you for sharing this practical information, you used the 90mm Macro-Elmar [?]. Would this be a candidate for good cam-scanning 35 mm film, or do you think the lens is slightly out of it's comfort range? .............. Chris
  7. C

Leica M9 images

And the M8 too ........ ............... Chris
  8. C

M11 Images

Thank you very much for your speedy and generous reply; this unsophisticated peasant is very grateful. I'm sure a largish print would look handsome and compelling – your concept is proven admirably, congratulations. ............. Chris
  9. C

M11 Images

Hello – I couldn't remember where I'd seen this excellent picture and I've scoured the forum to return to it. The picture has been bugging me. I have no sense of a 15mm field of view, but I make the [safe?] assumption that a diverging and a converging image are corrected and joined. I have...
  10. C

IQ4 Achromatic - Nighttime Filter Comparison (IR; UV+IR cut)

Peter, Being curious about what others had to say about UV/IR-cut filters I strayed into this thread, and then to your website to see if I would recognise a filtration signature. I wasn't prepared for how enjoyable your work is and left hungry for more. Among others, Grand Staircase Escalante...
  11. C

X2D + new lenses: first impressions

Thank you for your feedback it is appreciated and helpful. I've been photographing seriously since the early seventies and have known many adjustments to my working methods so I can do it again of course; but I thrived on working with the live histogram in my Leica, working without will be a...
  12. C

X2D + new lenses: first impressions

Hi – My first post in this particular forum, and it's a tired one from wasting my time for hour upon hour and surviving rehashed Hasselblad press releases presented as 'articles,' and numerous uninformative videos in the hell-hole of Youtub. Today I finally unearthed information that the format...
  13. C

SL2 v SL2s v M10

Hi ––– Like others here I could make pictures with bigger cameras and did so for decades, but ended up remaining with the M system for two reasons. It's the only digital platform which, by rangefinder focusing, allows me to manually focus at my chosen working aperture [i.e. stopped down], and...
  14. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Me too, alas I can't fulfil the ambition. Bill Brandt turned me on to photography : http://www.britishphotography.org/news/2252/11592/bill-brandt-new-acquisitions-from-moma-new-york-gulls-nest-on-mid-summer-night-isle-of-skye-1947--?r=news/2252/bill-brandt-new-acquisitions-from-moma-new-york...
  15. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

You beat me to it. I came to post something very similar. Be well, and be back soon Barry; I'm missing your pictures of Cornwall. ............ Chris