The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by DSemick

1. D

New Hasselblad Special Edition!!!

All of us Dealers had to scramble to get our websites updated because we didn't get any assets until yesterday morning.... Unnecessary craziness. We're expecting delivery of our first units in December with the "normal" edition being released after the first of the year. Hasselblad hasn't been...
  2. D

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

We don't know the pricing or timeframe for the "normal" system yet, but I'm thinking we probably won't see those until after the first of the year.
  3. D

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

I totally agree John.... I think the CFV II and the 907X is going to be a pretty cool system. Unfortunately, Hasselblad hasn't given its dealer channel any information on specs, pricing or availability. :banghead: I think the X1D II is an evolutionary update, but the meat of the announcement...
  4. D

Sinar 54h and thunderbolt MacBook Pro?

Hello, Stacking that both adapters will most likely create inconsistent and unreliable connection issues. I've had success with my 75H's and a Thunderbolt FW 800 adapter. You could throw a powered FW hub into the mix...that may help. I may have another Sinar solution if you PM me. Denny
  5. D

Buy Hasselblad online?!?!?!

Yes, we've dropped our price on all our stocking inventory of the X1D as well. Denny
  6. D

...or possibly a dealer in Ohio... :grin:
  7. D

Hasselblad: Rent / Try / Buy

Just an FYI.... All of the professional Dodd Camera locations will rent and extend a rental credit if you purchase the camera inside of 30 days. (full disclosure...I work at Dodd Camera) Denny
  8. D

Thank you for your kind words Dave. :) Dealers such as DT, CI and ourselves (Dodd Camera) sell solutions...not boxes. As Doug mentioned, we're here to help you figure out what you want or need. A vendors website isn't going to schedule a day for you to come in and compare files between them and...
  9. D

best way to shoot tethered with FW800 on a macbook touchbar 2016 ?

This made me think of a support call I received one time.... A gentleman phoned to troubleshoot his Aptus not connecting to his laptop. I quickly determined it was just a power issue. He said that he though so as well and that was why he downloaded the schematics to his Makita cordless drill...
  10. D

I don't believe there is firewire on that and you cannot convert a FW signal into a USB signal. Denny
  11. D

Okay...I'll say it. It's a kludge. According to Phase One, "until there is an approved functioning adapter, you have to use a powered hub to get USB or FW to the back". I've recommended my shooters to not upgrade yet or buy the previous version if they absolutely need a laptop. We should see...
  12. D

How to process GFX files with C1.

Interesting. I think Phocus has come a long way over the past year or so. It still has it's workflow weirdness for those of us who use Capture One regularly, but I've not had any issue with the quality of the files coming out of Phocus. As far as jumping through hoops to use C1 with the...
  13. D

Phase IQ 160-260 or Fuji GFX for portraits

Yes, with our program I credit the rental on the purchase. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on our demo GFX and doing some side by side comparisons myself! Denny
  14. D

Phase IQ 160-260 or Fuji GFX for portraits

Disclaimer….I’m a dealer…. ...as someone who deals with all the major brands of digital cameras, and the guy at Dodd’s who specializes in medium format, I recommend trying the Fuji for yourself to see if it suits your needs. The dynamic range and depth out of a large sensor, CCD or CMOS, is...
  15. D

removed photos from DSLR and moved back - Canon DSLR can't recognize photos

Hello, I've never tried this, but I'm not surprised that it has made the files unreadable by the camera. The problem can be a hidden file that the OS makes in a folder when modifying files in the finder, what characters you used in the file name, or if there are any spaces in the filename...