The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by eleanorbrown

1. eleanorbrown

Fun with X1D

Ok are furry things allowed here??? I can't get to all the wild and scenic places with my X1D right now so something different. I show these for a reason....especially the one of our sweetest ever English Lab Maggie because the color is so completely natural and rich and true and I was...
  2. Maggie sweetest English Lab

Maggie sweetest English Lab

X1D Hassy with 90 lens
  3. Sadie, yellow tabby

Sadie, yellow tabby

X1D Hassy with 90 lens
  4. eleanorbrown

Fun with X1D

Reason I have been importing in Phocus initially is because I get the fff file which is a good bit smaller than the 3fR file imported directly into into LR from the card. (I then open the fff files in LR.) Is there some advantage one file has over the other in Lightroom?? Thanks, Eleanor...
  5. eleanorbrown

Fun with X1D

Josh, Interesting you should mention this....I just finished (again) reviewing all the offered profiles in Phocus to see if I should stay with Lightroom for my processing or go back to Phocus. I always import Standard into Phocus initially, and really think for Phocus, Standard is the...
  6. eleanorbrown

Fun with X1D

Please everyone keep the X1D photos coming...love seeing what comes out of this camera and lenses. I'll post a couple here from today.....would much rather have been in the wilderness, mountains, etc but this was what I saw on my ride today with camera with my 90 lens. All handheld. Downtown...
  7. Downtown Houston X1D 90 lens

Downtown Houston X1D 90 lens

Handheld 90 lens X1D
  8. Downtown Houston2  X1D 90 lens

Downtown Houston2 X1D 90 lens

Handheld 90 lens X1D
  9. eleanorbrown

X1D first thoughts and sample images

I'm considering the 22mm also...felt the 30 was too close to my 45, tho the 30 has gotten outstanding reviews. Been wanting an 18mm equivalent. Eleanor
  10. eleanorbrown

Fun with X1D

Really like these Josh. Love the color. Eleanor
  11. eleanorbrown

X1D questions

Regarding exposure...I use the second method you mentioned on most of my shots. Very easy and simple and quick. Once I had the camera in hand i almost never look at the manual for the most part....just start pushing buttons and learn that way. Menu system has the simplicity I have been...
  12. eleanorbrown

Fun with X1D

For me the shadow to the left is an important part of the composition of the image...balances things out nicely I think. eleanor
  13. eleanorbrown

Fun with X1D

Only leaves and absolutely nothing special...This shot is to show the micro detail I'm getting with my 45mm lens (here at f8 and iso 100) on tripod. I'm just slowly getting more familiar with these lenses. I'm still working on the best way to sharpen, etc..... This fff Raw processed and...
  14. X1D 45mm lens f8 iso 100

X1D 45mm lens f8 iso 100

100 percent crop showing micro detail
  15. eleanorbrown

Fun with X1D

I too had been hoping for a system that would combine aspects of my Mamiy 7II and my Phase backs on my Hassy H2 with amazing HC lenses. The X1d seemed to fit the bill for me as best any camera system can, for me anyway. It's not perfect but no system is.....Eleanor