The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Enda Cavanagh

1. E

Using SK28mm XL with filters

You should be able to screw off the outer ring on the front of the lens. This will reveal the thread. The Schneider 28mm centre filter should be able to screw directly on to the lens. The centre filter has an outer diameter of 105mm in case you wanted to add nd’s.
  2. E

Fuji GFX100S and Roddy55 and schneider 47mm on Arca Swiss

The 47mm Schneider was one of my favourite lenses back when I shot with a Kodak sensor back. Insane amount of shift was possible. Great to see you are getting positive results here.
  3. E

Would love to hear users experiences of the Pentax SMCP-FA 645 35mm f/3.5 IF AL Lens with a M2/Fuji GFX 100S combo.
  4. E

I think the Fuji GFX100s combined with the Arca Swiss M-two-MF is shaping up to be a great option going forward for my work. Getting those sort of movements on the Rodenstock 55mm is incredible and without colour cast issues. Very impressive. I presume the Rodenstock HR Digaron 90mm would yield...
  5. E

The GFX100S – a smaller, yet still powerful sibling of the flagship GFX100

Very interested to see how this works on an Actus. Exciting news.
  6. E

Q on Canon 135mm TS + Phase One IQ3100 + tech camera

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has used a canon 135mm TS lens on a IQ300 or IQ150 with a technical camera. Would be interesting to know if the lens can handle the larger sensor in terms of image circle and sharpness, distortion etc. I quickly tested it on a Hcam adaptor on a Sony A7r in my...
  7. E

Moonlight over Fanad Lighthouse on the Inishowen Peninsula

Fanad Lighthouse on the Inishowen Peninsula has become hugely popular with landscape photographers in recent years. It is in a wonderful part of Donegal along the Irish coast. A full moon and a thin veil of cloud created a lovely affect. A stitched photo with rise and fall. Captured with my...
  8. E

1500 year old Beehive Huts on Skellig Michael

The beehive huts and walls on Skellig Michael built by early Christian Monks are a sight to behold. Their forms are sympathetic to the natural rock formations on the island. They sit majestically on Skellig Rock. You can’t but sit back and take in the view back to the Kerry mainland and Little...
  9. E

Sunrise on Skellig Michael

The Skellig islands are like something from another world so I intentionally left the flare in the shot. The dramatic scenery is both harsh and spectacularly beautiful. The island has become hugely popular due to the filming of several scenes from the last 2 Star Wars episodes. It is one of a...
  10. E

Wild garlic of Ross Island Forest

Thanks Jürgen! Yes and what a smell :)
  11. E

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I posted a photo here. The last time I posted an image was right at the time I THOUGHT I had finished my new website. However a lot more work needed to be done to dramatically improve SEO and user experience both under the hood and on the site itself. We are...
  12. E

Hi everyone. Apologies. A moment of madness. I posted here originally (in the wrong section). It is moved to the Artful images section on the forum.
  13. E

Best Medium format system for long exposure?

I would love to hear some feedback about the H6D 100 when shot with long exposures where no dark frame is required. I presume if it can shoot up to 1hr without the need for a dark frame that it produces good results. I got the IQ3 100 a few weeks ago and tbh the dark frame is something that...
  14. E

SK 5.6/28mm on tech cam, internal reflections?

Hi Geb I own the 28 and 35mm. Generally flare is not much of an issue with the 28mm. However it can throw up flare when you shoot in a dark area where light is spilling in from a much brighter area. I have flags specifically for that which I clamp onto my tripod. At times the flare is not...
  15. E

New Website - 1 Year of Blood Sweat and Tears!

Tell me about it I was going a wee bit (more than usual) insane for a few months on the shop. :)