The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by fotoflood

1. F

Foto scare

YUP! I have lots of experience with Fotocare! Years ago I used to buy a lot of stuff from them. Their store was around the corner from my studio but chose to avoid them like the plague. Terrible support, terrible attitude. I decided to go with Arca. I have a great dealer a couple of blocks away...
  2. F

Arca Swiss Cube........ OMG!!

I've had a Cube for a few years and love it. I couldn't imagine life without it. However, I agree - the spirit levels are terrible.
  3. F

Which Monitor

I've owned both and now prefer NEC. IMHO: No reason to spend the extra $$$$ Probably the dealer who sells both makes more margin on the Eizo. Just sayin'
  4. F

which level to trust?

Do you know where in the US can I purchase one of these - either online or brick and mortar?
  5. F

Return of the Warrior

WOW! I couldn't have said it better! For me too it's been: P45+ > P65+ > IQ180 > now I'm done taking this route. The Nikon D800E is not perfect but neither have been my Phase Ones.
  6. F

Fun with Nikon Images

Fabulous, Eleanor!
  7. F

Optimum kit for star trail photography

This guy does a great job explaining how to do star-gazing photography. Star Shooting Tutorial — LIGHTSHOP Scroll about midway down the page for a great video.
  8. F

Trouble With Alpa MAX, T/S & New WA Rodies

Bob, I'm pleased to learn that your experience has been more positive than mine. As for me, Fotocare will never see a penny of business from me or anyone in my studio. After my purchase where the Hassy equipment clearly had problems, Fotocare thought that this is the way the equipment was...
  9. F

Trouble With Alpa MAX, T/S & New WA Rodies

You will probably get your answer faster from the good people on this forum than you will from the people at Fotocare. My experience with them has been terrible - post sales support has been non-existent. I gave up doing business with them for a number of years. I hope your experience is better...
  10. F

Multi-minute exposure with the P25

Where online can I buy this new, not used? B&H and others indicate that this product has been discontinued but the Canon site still lists it on their site. Jack
  11. F

A New Phase (One Dealer)

Great move! Digital Transitions is the top dealer for medium format in New York. You couldn't have landed in a better place. Good luck! Jack
  12. F

Rolling bag w/large wheels

@Marc Exactly! I often wondered why TT don't make bags with larger wheels! I have a TT rolling bag which I bought a couple of years ago. It's a well-made bag. It's great rolling on smooth surfaces but miserable on anything that's not smooth. I once had to go over cobblestones, and even that was...
  13. F

@Marc I like the fact that the double wheels are extended for stability. However, the wheels are made of plastic and they're small. I don't think they'll be good over gravel/grass/etc. @Jürgen They make some nice stuff. The Royal model is very much like the Wesco trollies. @Bob & @Rollei I...
  14. F

@eiaa Thanks a bunch!! It was the versa-flex bag that I couldn't recall/find. But I think I will go with a small Wesco trolly. I have a couple of (indispensable) larger ones at work but for my purposes - for weekend pleasure shooting - I think one of the small ones will do. Jack
  15. F

@ed Yup - I'm gimped at the moment. @shashin That's what I thought I'd do if there are no other alternatives. I kinda remember someone custom making bags with large wheels but I can't seem to find the link. Jack