The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Frank Doorhof

1. Frank Doorhof

Holy Moley - Studio fan

It was a 220V version not gas powered :D
  2. Frank Doorhof

Holy Moley - Studio fan

Leaf blowers main problem is the noise and the limited stream. Or at least the ones I tried :D
  3. Frank Doorhof

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3 105-210 AF for all.
  4. Frank Doorhof

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3 congrats Marq :D looking great. And adding two myself. 1. 2.
  5. Frank Doorhof

Leaf Capture software?

I don't think that's a problem for support. I think that they mean that they will produce the newer backs now again.
  6. Frank Doorhof

Leaf Capture software?

The Aptus 10 is a great unit so if it fits your need don't be stopped. I love the Aptus 10 myself but I don't really need that much MPs. As far as I know Leaf will continue, but as you know everything can change over time, but with the info I have now I would not let me stop to invest in...
  7. Frank Doorhof

Leaf Capture software?

Leaf will stay alive. Can't say much more but beautiful things are coming.....
  8. Frank Doorhof

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3 Wow,stunning Justin.
  9. Frank Doorhof

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3 Doug 2-14-6 are great in my personal opinion.
  10. Frank Doorhof

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3 Three from this weekend :D 1. 2. 3.
  11. Frank Doorhof

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3 @Graham, Very nice. Would have loved to see it without a public but I know the limitations. On the other hand the public also enhances the shot. @David, It's only a 2 minute walk from our studio, and we can sometimes shoot there with a group :D
  12. Frank Doorhof

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3 When I did the workshops in LA I loved the skies. But fighting the sun, that was impossible :D
  13. Frank Doorhof

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3 our skies are often dull but sometimes........ sometimes..... they are less dull.
  14. Frank Doorhof

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3 Hi, Part quadra part Ranger. I'm using 2 Quadras and two RX speeds. With the workshops (this was shot during one of the workshops) I try to mix them to show people what both can do, so the quadras are often used as accent lights. On these shots gels were used...
  15. Frank Doorhof

Portable strobes for Phamiya

the quadra is great for all work you normally would do as a strobist but with MUCH more power and speed. I love the light quality of the standard reflector, I normally don't use anything else. The Ranger RX/speed is a totally different story it's raw power, combine it with the Elinchrom...