The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by jklotz

1. J

HOW TO 'STEALTH' the M9?

Oh man, just don't worry about it. Be smart, and don't let it become a crime of opportunity, ie, leave it unattended in a bar or on a bus. Thieves steal cameras because they get an opportunity. Don't give them one. Doesn't matter if it's a p&s or an M9 - actually you'd be a lot more of a target...
  2. J

Which 35? ZM 35/2 vs. ZM 35/2.8 vs. XYZ ?

I've got one of these. It's a nice, compact little lens that has served me well. Interestingly enough, I've also got that LTM 1.7 CV, and don't really care for it. Maybe I just got a bad copy, but it's rendering is not inspiring to me. The color-skopar, on the other hand, is fantastic.
  3. J

Fun w/Digital M Images

Poison
  4. J

35mm Questions...

Let us know what you decide. I have the 75mm Summarit, and it has been fantastic in well lit scenarios. That being said, I'd be hard pressed to give up the 1.4 personally. Here's another option for you: keep the 1.4, sell the 2.5 and buy the tiny little 35mm f2.5 voightlander. It's cheap...
  5. J

My Pet Peeve for the Day

:thumbup: I concur!
  6. J

My Pet Peeve for the Day

Forgive me, but I have a pet peeve. Where did this "capture" nonsense come from? It's not a "capture", it's a photograph. There. I said it. I feel better now. Back to the regularly scheduled program. :D
  7. J

"Goodbye, Leica"

I can't disagree with anything the guy complains about. It's all true. If only my Canon gear could inspire the same passion as my Leica gear, then I'd do the same thing. But as a friend once said: "If it's for a big job with a truck load of lights, it's medium format with a DB. If it's a quick...
  8. J

Fun w/Digital M Images

M9, 50 lux
  9. J

Found in Georgia- Leica M8 and three lenses

Just curious - did you ever find the owner?
  10. J

M9 Raw compressed vs uncompressed, any difference?

The place where I see the most difference is when I try to really push it in post.
  11. J

Found in Georgia- Leica M8 and three lenses

Love it! Thanks for helping to restore my faith in humanity! Let us know how it turns out
  12. J

Finally!!!! LCC's in C1 for any camera!

Are you insinuating there are actually folks out there that shoot in JPEG? Tell me it ain't so!
  13. J

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Alfred Hitchcock would have been proud!
  14. J

Portrait of a friends daughter. M9, 50 lux
  15. J

I agree, lot's of good stuff here as of recent. It's always fun to come here and see what folks have been up to after a little while away. Ashwin, one thing that is apparent to me, after seeing your work for some time now, is how you seem to be really maturing as an artist. That's always cool to...