The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Louis Novak

1. L

Capture Pilot 1.5 Released

Below is a link to a comprehensive review from our Capture One Guru, Josh Booth. It covers all of the advanced features and our initial results with the new release of Capture Pilot 1.5. https://captureintegration.com/capture-pilot-1-5-released/
  2. L

newbie buys p25

Phase One digital backs use what is called sleeping architecture to reduce noise in the image. What this means is that the sensor is not active or light sensitive until you are capturing an image. This reduces not only power consumption but also heat build up on the sensor. In order for the...
  3. L

LEAF Aptus II 5 Digital Back Issue

Ashish, Here is a link on how to update your back to the latest firmware 5.048: Knowledge base for Phase One and Mamiya Leaf users
  4. L

Sinar F2 for P30+?

When using a digital back with micro lenses especially the P30+(P65+ excluded from this) the light rays can hit the micro lenses at extreme angles casing a color cast that most of the time can't be corrected. This is more prevalent with Wider angle lenses as well as using movements.
  5. L

Leaf Aptus 22 - 100% Zoom Live View?

Digital back live view was introduced on the Leaf Credo backs.
  6. L

Hasselblad HC lens recommandations please

Keep in mind that non of the Hasselblad HCD lenses ( 35-90, 24, and 28) are compatible with the Hasselblad H2 Body. This has to do with an analogue to digital signal. You would need to use at least an H4X body for these lenses.
  7. L

Syncing at 1/1600th with PW3

With Plus II's you can expect to get a max speed of 1/500. The normal max sync speed of Mulitmax Pocket Wizards is 1/500. However there is a fast mode feature you can enable. Set the pocket wizard you want to use as the receiver on Receiver Mode and select Fast Mode. With this you can achieve...
  8. L

Capture One vs. Leaf Capture vs. Lightroom

I have found that C1 Pro renders and processes the files for the Leica S2/S better than LR does particularly in edge definition and sharpness.
  9. L

Capture One vs. Leaf Capture vs. Lightroom

I have found that C1 Pro renders and processes the files for the Leica S2/S better than LR does particularly in edge definition and sharpness.
  10. L

P40+ or P45+ for studio work

Dan, What kind of subject matter do you photograph? What are your needs/ what are you looking for in a digital back?
  11. L

New Hasselblad Battery Grip Reset

Just as is the case with the older 1850 mAh battery grips, the displayed battery level of the new 2900 mAh grip displayed on the camera sometimes will not accurately represent the charge level in the actual battery. If this happens, there is a simple reset for the battery. Click our link below...
  12. L

Questions about Mamiya 645 AFD

Thanks Doug I was originally testing the AFDI in auto focus. I just went back and tested it with manual focus and you are right, the mirror lock up does work.
  13. L

I tested a 645 ADF body with a P30+, T mode will not work with with a digital back. Mirror lock up also will not work. On a 645 AFDII body mirror lock up and self timer will work together. It is not officially supported with Phase One though. On the 645 AFDII by default the max time for bulb...
  14. L

In the 645 AFD II the default max exposure time in bulb setting is 60 minutes. You can change that in Custom function 23 to be less than 60 mins or set it to infinity. T mode is not supported on the 645 ADF body. The self timer works with mirror lock up with the ADFII body, I just tested it...
  15. L

LCC in mixed/strongly coloured light

How exactly are you using the LCC? Mixed light shouldn't matter when you are using the LCC plate to correct for color casts in the lens. If you are trying to color balance that is different than removing casts in the lens.