The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Paul Spinnler

1. P

New camera from Arca Swiss: the Pico

Essentially the ask is to make a 3k 35mm 60 megapixel BSI back.
  2. P

The Sigma is the best bang for the buck if you are into stitching – the Nikkor 90 samples on a bellow cam posted the other day were fantastic. Nothing to complain.
  3. P

Let's face it. The problem of the tech cam market right now is that most prospective "younger entrants" are priced out in this environment and pro's are either priced out due to lack of refinancability or they just prefer the new gen mirrorless systems like the GFX for workflow. This said, if...
  4. P

My point is more that there Pico addresses an audience which through it can “skip” buying a digital back. You should be able to adapt the new AS modified T/S lenses such as the 24mm and if you can use say a Digaron 40/50 on top that’s pretty useful with a M11M. I just think that in 2024 a lot...
  5. P

Ageing photographers and the weight. Simplicate and add lightness.

Leica M and Pico! The M is the perfect "ageing photographer" camera. Best IQ available in a small package that goes everywhere.
  6. P

If it allows for SK 35/43/60 or Rodie 23/32/35/40/50 to be used with crop MF or Leica M / L it'll be a great solution. Very curious to see what combos are possible with the M11M.
  7. P

I think this mainly benefits new tech cam people who want to use an L or M camera or a Sigma camera as a cheaper digital back alternative especially if they already own such a system. If you thought about tech cams and are on M for example, skipping the digital back with this is an easy gateway...
  8. P

Well it solves the expensive back as a hindrance to entry topic and opens up Schneider BR. Here the 35, 45, 80 MK II, 120 Macro come to mind as interesting lenses, with the allure being the wides for arch use via shift and stitch, although correcting distortion won't be too easy. More...
  9. P

Leica Summicron-S 100 f/2 ASPH, boxed, updated $3850

The S4 is likely to be launched in Spring of 2025 – so a great lens for the new system, too. Spring because financial year end of Leica is March. Fantastic lens.
  10. P

Linos Inspec lens (105mm macro) - fungus or dust?

Wouldn't complain for 300 bucks!
  11. P

If I remember correctly the Linos variant is like half the photo variant – so it would need to be a hefty discount on the Linos variant to justify it. Before buying my Alpa variant I checked pricing on the Linos variant and it was super cheap – but with fixed ratio and a lower level of quality...
  12. P

Not ideal. Not sure if this can be fixed. Was it disclosed and did you check whether it affects performance? You won't get a lot down the line given it is the Linos fixed mag variant with these spots – so the only reason to keep it would be IMHO if it has no performance impact and if you are...
  13. P

Hasselblad 100C and 35XL

It also affects Rodie glass … on the wide side
  14. P

FS: Like new Rodenstock Grandagon 90 MC black ring 549 USD net

Hi there I am pruning my lens kit and have a like new Grandagon 90 4.5 MC in Prontor professional for sale. Its an excellent bright wide-angle for LF, but works well as well on digital via say an Arca F metric. Its the same optically as the green ring and sharp. Paypal 549 USD net +...