The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by PeterL

1. P

Stolen

So sorry to hear this Dan, I feel terrible for you and your family. Hopefully the police can recover some of the things they took, but they can't take away the horrible feeling you must have of invaded privacy. My thought are with you. Cheers, -Peter
  2. P

Technical Camera Images

IQ140 - Alpa TC - 24XL (handheld on sail boat :shocked:)
  3. P

Technical Camera Images

IQ140 - Alpa STC - 120N-ASPH with 5mm raise. Behind the scene here, with another shot of these derelict buildings in Barbados. Cheers, -Peter
  4. P

Behind the scenes

You got to be inventive with beer cases when your travel tripod won't reach. Lots of these derelict houses in Barbados, apparently they raise home owner's taxes if you paint you house - not kidding. IQ140 on Alpa STC and 35XL. Cheers, -Peter
  5. P

Technical Camera Images

Thanks for posting those Dan, very impressive, certainly 10mm is no problem. I will start looking at this as an alternative to the super expensive HR Alpagon 40mm when I make the jump to the X1D. Cheers, -Peter
  6. P

Technical Camera Images

Dan, beautiful images with the CFE 40mm, very interesting solution with the Alpa gear. Are there any issues with color cast using the X1D and the CFE 40mm with the shift you've been using? Cheers, -Peter
  7. P

Rodenstock 40 HR vs Schneider 43-XL

The SK120ASPH replaces both the older 120N and 120M (Macro) - and does an excellent job for macro. Highly recommended. Cheers, -Peter
  8. P

Lightweight tethering options

This regarding USB-C may be of interest. USB-C in 12-Inch MacBook Adds Limitations but Opens Up Possibilities - Mac Rumors Cheers, -Peter
  9. P

Technical Camera Images

I use the PS scripts what Jack (site owner) has created to resize image, works perfectly when you save images on the GetDPI Gallery itself, meaning the image in the post looks exactly as it does on my Retina display shown with Preview (Mac). PM Jack to get the scripts, there is a small charge...
  10. P

Just pulled the trigger..

Yes - congratulations, the one I will go for as well, upgrading from an IQ140. Cheers, -Peter
  11. P

Happy Holidays

Thanks Doug, Happy Holidays to you, your family, and friends as well. Cheers, -Peter
  12. P

Medium format macro options

Wanted to share this, because of the recent interest in macro with MF gear. Thanks to Jeff Hirsch at FotoCare, I was able to secure a set of pre-production Alpa/Novoflex adapters (actually it was my wife :D). As has already been pointed out by Steve, these fit the Novoflex BalPro T/S bellows...
  13. Nt 2317

Nt 2317

ngs
  14. Novoflex 1 Sm

Novoflex 1 Sm

setuo
  15. P

Deciding between Alpa TC, STC or Cambo 1250

I'm sure you'll be happy with the Cambo, the only potential problem I see, is the 32HR is heavy and quite delicate, so be very careful when packing your bag. Good luck with it! Cheers, -Peter