The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by SCHWARZZEIT

1. S

New Sony sensor in Blackmagic Cine: 100 megapixel in 35mm full-frame; P1, Leica, Fuji next?

OnSemi (former sensor devision of Kodak) would be another manufacturer capable of making these chips. They've been collaborating with Arri for decades with their ALEV sensors. The RGBW CFA choice is interesting as it helps improving the usable dynamic range for downsized output resolution. In...
  2. S

New Sony sensor in Blackmagic Cine: 100 megapixel in 35mm full-frame; P1, Leica, Fuji next?

How do you know that the sensors used in the 12K and 17K Blackmagic Design Cine cameras are made by Sony? According to their business development manager Stuart Ashton these sensors were designed in-house by BMD as stated in this CineD article. The pixel pitch is 2.9 microns which is different...
  3. S

What F-Stop range do you use

Not every image is intended to be printed large or to hold an excessive amount of detail requiring high per pixel sharpness from a high-res sensor. Sometimes depth of field has a higher priority. If you intend to make only small or medium sized prints or put the images on social media the blur...
  4. S

Macro studio lens

I didn't test it. But it's just how lenses that do not change their focal length when focusing work. The Linos Inspec.x L 105mm Float (industrial original of the Rodenstock branded photo lens) was designed to cover 82mm line-scan sensors from 1:3 and higher magnifications. Through bellows...
  5. S

Macro studio lens

The image circle of the Rodenstock 105 Macro increases in proportion to the magnification ratio. At 1x it has a usable IC of at least 120mm.
  6. S

Fuji/Fujica GSW cameras -- question

Rob, I measured the diameter of what's visible from the rear lens cell which closely matches Bill's drawing. Including the lens housing your estimated 46mm diameter seems accurate. Fotodiox has some full resolution samples shot with the Mamiya 7 80mm on a GFX50S on their flickr, but I couldn't...
  7. S

That sounds like an interesting project, Rob. When I laid my piece of cardboard on the lens and pushed it against the rear lens element it felt flat as if the rear end of the lens housing was on the same plane as the farthest part of the lens cell. Thus I used a caliper to measure the distance...
  8. S

I remeasured the rear lens element to image plane distance with the lens set to its infinity hard stop. It’s 42.0 mm. The rear lens cell diameter is 37mm. I used a piece thin cardboard that I laid over the lens. I marked the edges of the visible rear element and then measured the distance on...
  9. S

On my GSW690III it's 42.5 mm. -Dominique
  10. S

Rodenstock 138mm HR Digaron-Float - Beauty Shots

Based on the published MTF diagrams the 138 is better corrected and sharper than the 180 Digaron-S. The 138’s on-axis performance is diffraction limited at f/6.5. The datasheet of the 180 doesn’t provide the MTF for f/6.5. But it tells that the lens is sharper at f/5.6 than f/8 which indicates...
  11. S

C1 for iPad announces tethering for all currently supported cameras (EXCEPT PHASE ONE)

I don't think the 150 2.8 BR is a new design. The basic lens design matches the Mamiya Sekor 2.8/150 IF which was introduced around 2008. They had to make the BR much bigger in order to fit the leaf shutter. The larger lens body would allow for better internal flare control which can be a...
  12. S

C1 for iPad announces tethering for all currently supported cameras (EXCEPT PHASE ONE)

You can find the pricing of the 280MP aerial system in some of the webinars on the Phase One Geospatial Youtube channel. It was around 500k in 2020 and presented as "AFFORDABLE" in that field.
  13. S

IQ4-150 - what features don't work on a tech cam?

Thanks for clarifying. Is the time lapse tool also available with non-XT X-shutter lenses?
  14. S

IQ4-150 - what features don't work on a tech cam?

No, currently neither automated bracketing nor time lapse are available on the IQ4 unless connected to a XT or XF.
  15. S

Phase One IQ4 Linux Source Code

Yes, DE+ and AFA requires the side menu to get into which I don't mind. But I agree that once into those modes, any triggering of the camera should trigger the respective DE+ or AFA sequence. I never really saw the reason why the XF shutter button or an external release overrides these modes and...