The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Smoothjazz

1. S

The great tripod & head thread!

Ries tripods are fantastic, and look so classic; also solid as a rock. The only problem is that they are so darn heavy!! I tested my Gitzo carbon fiber against my Ries and saw no difference in stability with medium format cameras. It might however be a different story for large format cameras .
  2. S

Little review of Apo Digitar 5,6/100 mm

I second the vote for the Rodenstock 135mm lens; it does a great job on my Cambo- with shifts. It is a lens that is not talked about much on forums, but a bit of a sleeper lens.
  3. S

Little review of Apo Digitar 5,6/100 mm

Hey Dave, Just curious- what is this location? It looks like a beautiful place. John
  4. S

The Phase One XC 23 - Now a Stand Alone Camera Body and Lens..

This makes sense if you wanted to obtain the 23mm HR lens for your system- and keep it on the camera as a separate extra body. I know the 23mm barely covers the larger Phase chip so no real movement are necessary- or possible anyway. One question though; is the 23mm lens covering the whole...
  5. S

schneider apo digitar 72mm L vs apo digitar 90mm N + WRS vs WRS TS panels

If you have a 55mm lens already I would say the 72mm lens is too close to the same focal length- you would be better serves with the 90mm lens.
  6. S

Share your Tree Photos

That looks like one super wide angle lens!
  7. S

Small travel field ladder?

What a great image! In his basic photo series Ansel talks about many images that required a higher point of view- that would not have worked from ground level. One was the Mount Williamson photo, another the 'Church and Road' -Bodega, California - which required a higher point of view to look...
  8. S

Small travel field ladder?

An interesting question; my Gitzo XLS tripod extends to about 8 feet in height. and add another 6 inches for the Phase camera body. In landscaping photos I sometimes find that having all the height can be a real advantage for some photos. Question is, what can you use in the field to stand on to...
  9. S

Rodenstock 138mm HR Digaron-Float - Beauty Shots

Steve, Did you ever get the chance to test the 138 lens against the 180mm? The reason I ask is that the 180mm would be a better focal length in my lens progression- unless the 138mm is far better and could be cropped/enlarged to match the 138 without any loss of detail. Thanks, John
  10. S

iq4150 trade for iq4150 achromatic?

Smart, How is the full spectrum GFX? I was debating having mine converted- does it allow for some infrared or partial spectrum shots? Would you have any examples to share?
  11. S

Please help convince me to keep my IQ4150...or not

It is true that the Fuji cameras will do a lot that Phase can do, but I have to say the Frame Averaging tool you have in the Phase camera system is pretty amazing. Also the Dual Exposure is a great tool.
  12. S

Protection for IQ4 backs (rubber band, screen protector, etc.)

My question for the group; is a screen protector really necessary? I have gone for years without one- not sure if I should add one to my screen- it seems pretty rugged. The Op Tech hood is a good idea when carrying the camera in the backpack since it gets jostled around.