The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Ever seen the book "New York Vertical" by Horst Hamann? It's a really tempting format in the city. I think the author used 6x17 film, so no perspective corrections. This is with a shift lens, so not the same. It's also a tough format for computer monitors. Click through for different sizes or more detail.

X2D, Mamiya 645 50mm shift @ f/11, 1/180 sec, ISO 200

Matt (B&W extreme conversion artifacts against the sky. Ugh!)

Last edited:

lookbook

Ever seen the book "New York Vertical" by Horst Hamann? It's a really tempting format in the city. I think the author used 6x17 film, so no perspective corrections. This is with a shift lens, so not the same. It's also a tough format for computer monitors. Click through for different sizes or more detail.

X2D, Mamiya 645 50mm shift @ f/11.

... this could be in the area where your dentist practices?! : )

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
... this could be in the area where your dentist practices?! : )
Actually, I was visiting my brother-in-law in his new studio south of the Brooklyn Bridge. Same subway stop, though :). This was from the cafe in his building (the UFO's have left, their mission presumably completed.) Apologies for posting this here. It was NOT with a 50mm shift lens. This is an iPhone pic on ultra-wide, 13mm FF FoV.

Last edited:

lookbook

Actually, I was visiting my brother-in-law in his new studio south of the Brooklyn Bridge. Same subway stop, though :). This was from the cafe in his building (the UFO's have left, their mission presumably completed.) Apologies for posting this here. It was NOT with a 50mm shift lens. This is an iPhone pic on ultra-wide, 13mm FF FoV.
... it's very good of you to post the photo here Matt - the photo is very good!!
I assume the UFO disappeared because they felt they were being watched ...
by the way, the phone learnt a lot from your hasselblad - or was it the other way round?
: )
have a nice weekend ...

drunkenspyder

Lovely. Amazing what our phones can do.

drunkenspyder

This time, it's Barrowby Church (a village a couple of miles away from Grantham, where the larger church is - posted above).

GFX100S with Laowa 15mm lens and 10mm shift.

N.B. After taking this, I put my drone up and took some moody images of the church through the thicker, swirling fog. But obviously I can't post them on this forum! The wider collection, in case anyone's interested, is here: Barrowby Church

Barrowby Church on a misty morning by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
Thanks for the link to that collection. Love those drone shots.

stngoldberg

Schlepping (yiddish for carrying) my ridiculously heavy Phase One XF with 150mm macro lens attached was quite a challenge as this orchid was hanging less that two feet off the ground. Although I used a tripod to keep the camera steady, I had to lie on my belly and push my ancient body up to look through the viewfinder for composition.
It's always worthwhile later when viewing the image

StanleyMarch 3, 2024.jpg

drunkenspyder

Schlepping (yiddish for carrying) my ridiculously heavy Phase One XF with 150mm macro lens attached was quite a challenge as this orchid was hanging less that two feet off the ground. Although I used a tripod to keep the camera steady, I had to lie on my belly and push my ancient body up to look through the viewfinder for composition.

StanleyView attachment 211248
Love this. Beautiful color use. And yes, it is always worthwhile, but I confess I do not miss lugging the XF and lens kit around. ;)

Pieter 12

StanleyView attachment 211248
I'm sorry. The obvious masking detracts from the image.

B L

X2D, Mamiya 645 50mm shift @ f/11, 1/180 sec, ISO 200

I am holding my hat tight! Perfect photo with ES (?) shutter.