The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. W

Annoyance with the monochrom

I've found a usability issue with my monochrom, actually it's the only a minor thing but it really tripped me up and left me with a bunch of overexposed images, so just a warning as some of you may walk the same path. Setting the scene, previously used the press and hold of the shutter then...
  2. W

MFDB + Zerene Stacker

Well I spent the entire morning and a couple of hours last night, trying to get to grips with Zerene. I had tried focus stacking before and frankly hated doing it. Eventually though comes a scene or requirement that needs it so I bit the bullet. I'm starting this thread to help us share...
  3. W

Hurrah for Dan Lindberg!

Well done Dan! lindberg credo - YouTube - Paul
  4. W

Fine Tune AF on 645 DF

I think I know the answer but wanted to check is there anyway to fine tune focus on the DF? Many thanks Paul
  5. W

Selling up and moving on

All, I hope it's ok to post here. Just to point out that all my MF gear is for sale on the forum HERE. If it were one or two items I wouldn't post but as it is a LOT of gear, I raised this one. Paul
  6. W

Phase One and Alpa Equipment

All, Please see the attached list of equipment and asking prices. I am in Hong Kong, shipping worldwide must be considered (insured where appropriate). I can do paypal but you pay the fees. I do have all the original packaging and receipts. The camera body is Mamiya branded, purchased...
  7. W

IQ External Power

Hi All, Anyone have some suggestions for extenal power supplies to the IQ back? In particular when used on a tech cam, I keep having issues with wake up and when using zero-latency it eats batteries. Many thanks Paul
  8. W

Tech Cam Accessory Mounting Help

I'm trying to reduce the amount of gear take (or at least take smaller things) and make setting up quicker. Otherwise I tend to just take the HR40 and not use longer lenses. The monstrosity below actually works very well. I can set up in three steps (tripod, camera clicks into the quick release...
  9. W

DP shows how to do fine art

To distract everyone from the D800 discussions, Digital Photography magazine in the UK has been influencing my approach to fine art photography quite strongly. This should probably go in a technique section or something, but it seemed particularly pertinent to the MFDB users in the group. I felt...
  10. W

Kodak file ch 11

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/kodak-files-for-chapter-11-bankruptcy-2012-01-19 Portra, Leica m9 sensors, only dalsa for us now I suppose! Let's hope these things carry on unhampered by excessive baggage of the old corporate.
  11. W

IIQ S or L?

Any drawbacks to using IIQ S format? I can see all normal COne functions are working, cannot really see any artefacts or issues with the small files. Any views? Paul
  12. W

Alpa 12 Cameras, Lenses and Accessories

All, I've decided this setup is just not working for me. This is a great chance to grab something top of the range. I'm going to trial the new Mamiya/PhaseOne/Schneider TS lenses, if they don't work out I may probably go for a Techno or similar as they're more suited to my needs. go take a...
  13. W

Replacement coming - keep old back?

Ok chaps, I need some help to decide, from those of you with practical experience. I bought a DM33 as a soft entry to MFD. It was really quite a good deal along with a DF body and 80mm lens. I struggled with a 5x4 for a while but quickly went to a tech cam and decided to go for an IQ. Basically...
  14. W

Focus issue with DF

Hi all, I just wanted to post a quick note that I was having the DF hunt for focus a fair amount. Basically I could mount the camera on a tripod and point it at something fairly clear to focus on, and each press of the shutter would cause it to choose a different focus point, it seems to cycle...
  15. W

Weird issue with Alpa + DM/Leaf back and new Rodenstock 90

My move from large format to Alpa tech has been one bumpy road for me, which, quite frankly is actually getting me down, I mean, it's making me truly miserable. I didn't expect so many problems. Anyway that's all another story. I've a DM33 back (Leaf Aptus II 7) and it has been fine apart from...
  16. W

Amazing Sony Update - POne ... Pleaaaaase?

I don't know if you've seen this yet, so I created a little video demo of the latest Firmware update to the Nex5. If Phase One can pull off something like this with Live View, my order will go in for a new back tomorrow!!! This would make using the Alpa an absolute dream. Focus confirmation on...
  17. W

Alpa 12 max GG users advise, please

Well I'm transitioning away from 5x4 to a modern technical camera. With film, I could drop things in my bag with what now seems, reckless abandon. The GG is far more expensive than on my view camera. I tend to remove both the back and the adaptor when changing, which leaves the sensor totally...
  18. W

Portrait airbrushing technique

More questions :) It has become quite apparent with MF that I can no longer get away with some spot removal tools. I know the blur layer, mask and airbrush the mask technique, but find that once I start, I basically have to go over all the exposed skin to keep a consistent look and that it...
  19. W

Long exposures limited to the P45+?

I actually never intended to get a MF digital camera (I just wanted a back to use on my vie camera) but the deal was just too good to end up with a 645DF and a lens. Anyhow I really like the camera and the ability to use old mamiya lenses... plus I have no choice as I'm still waiting for the...