The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

Small travel field ladder?

An interesting question; my Gitzo XLS tripod extends to about 8 feet in height. and add another 6 inches for the Phase camera body. In landscaping photos I sometimes find that having all the height can be a real advantage for some photos. Question is, what can you use in the field to stand on to...
  2. S

How to Attach Files

I am trying to post a thread with a photo but my 'attach file' request keeps telling me the files are too large. I have tried converting to dng with no luck. Is there a step by step guide to attaching files of maximum quality on the GetDPI site? Thanks in advance- John
  3. S

Landscape Photography Book

I wanted to recommend a landscape photo book I recently acquired- “The Art, Science, and Craft of Great Landscape Photography” -2nd edition, by Glen Randall. I know many of us are experienced and seasoned photographers, and most landscape books are pretty basic and mundane, but this book goes...
  4. S

FS: Phase One 35mm f3.5 BR Lens- Price Adjusted, with Pics

Phase One Blue Ring 35mm f3.5 lens in excellent condition, with a low shutter count- Leaf Shutter #1,013 and Aperture # 2068. I am the original owner, and have the original box, lens caps, and lens hood. The glass and barrel are perfect, and the only defect if I look carefully is one small ding...
  5. S

Phase One 150mm 2.8 BR Lens, 2x Teleconverter

Phase One 150mm 2.8 Blue RIng lens in excellent condition- I am the original owner. The lens is in prisine condiion, and used only lightly. The shutter counts are LS 2041 and Aperture 2365. The lens includes the lens hood, lens cap, and original box. The glass of course is perfect, and the lens...
  6. S

Kipon Adapter for Hasselblad

A question on adapters- hopefully someone knows; I am looking at the Kipon Tilt-shift adapter for use on a Hasselblad X camera. Kipon makes an adapter for Mamiya 645 lenses- my question is; would this also work with my Phase One lenses? If the answer is yes, then I have a lot of lenses that...
  7. S

Hasselblad C vs CF lenses

Since there are many more adapters for older Hasselblad lenses on digital cameras, I am looking at a Hasselblad telephoto lens. This may have been addressed before, but will the C and CF lenses work on a digital camera with an electronic shutter? It would require that the lens have a manual...
  8. S

Dorthea Lange Digital Archive

I wanted to share something I came across recently online (thanks to a Nat Geo e-mail); the Dorthea Lange Digital Archive- has over 600 of her depression era photos to view and enjoy. Looking through her photographs really brought me to appreciate her work even more. The archive is maintained by...
  9. S

PolarPro Filter System

I wanted to ask if any fellow photographers have seen or used the PolarPro filter system; I just came across it as I researched a large filter system for my 95mm lenses. I currently have Breakthrough and Nisi filters for my smaller size lenses, and am happy with them. I am really impressed with...
  10. S

Zeiss Sonnar Lens Recommendation with Phase IQ4

I wanted to ask opinions on a longer lens to use with my Cambo technical camera with a Phase One IQ4 digital back. I now have the Zeiss/Hasselblad adapter to mount these lenses on the tech camera. For a longer lens I was looking at either the Zeiss/Hasselblad 180mm 4.0 Sonnar T CF lens, or the...
  11. S

Gitzo Tripod Feet

I have always used the Gitzo rubber tripod feet on my various Gitzo tripods, but lately find I keep losing them in the field. They somehow manage to work their way off- two missing after my last trip! I decided to try the round flat platform feet that Gitzo included with the larger series...
  12. S

Best Photo Vehicle

I have been considering for some time what would be the best vehicle to start doing more photo trips, involving mostly highway travel to and from different locations and sites. It would be great to be able to sleep overnight in the vehicle one night, and be able to handle dirt roads, but not...
  13. S

Arca C1 Cube Cover

I was just hiking around the coast with my Arca C1 cube on a Gitzo tripod, and realized I should really hike with a cover on the head to protect from accidental scrapes or the elements. Any recommendations for a cover to slip over the cube? I am thinking it should have a draw string or way of...
  14. S

Mamiya/Phase 55-110 Zoom f4.5 Lens

I have for sale my 645 AF 55-110mm zoom lens for sale. The aperture is f 4.5, and this is a fairly compact lens with a good range that works with the Phase One cameras, and also has Autofocus capability. It is in good shape, and the glass is clean and clear. It comes with the lens hood, and box...
  15. S

Opinions on Phase Schneider 55mm LS vs 45mm LS Lenses

I wanted to ask the wise and experienced medium format photographers if there are any opinions regarding the Phase One 45mm f3.5 LS versus the 55mm f2.8 LS lenses? I am specifically referring to the newer Phase One Blue Ring Schneider LS lenses. I like the idea that the 55mm lens is more compact...
  16. S

Canon 5D Accessories FS

I have for the Canon 5D Mark II a few new accessories; unused and still in original wrappers; Battery Charger LC-E6 Battery LP-E6 Body cap and Rear Lens Cap Camera Strap with Canon lettering stating "Canon EOS 5D Mark II" in black and red lettering. These items came with a camera used for a...
  17. S

Alpa Accessories

I have a few Alpa accessories at a great discount- Alpa Ground Glass wit 6x7 (56x72mm) Mask Glass is pristine $295.00 Alpa Pro Lens Shade PLS 70-75 $199.00 Alpa SDH (Smart Device Holder) i-phone holder with ACAM wide...
  18. S

Total Eclipse in August

I am reading a number of articles about the total eclipse that passes through the entire country next August. It got me thinking about planning a photograph trip; not to just take a picture of an eclipse, but to put the eclipse in a photo with a landscape. It just happens that the eclipse passes...
  19. S

Phase XF Camera Hyperfocal Tool

I wanted to mention that the recent webinar is now on YouTube for the Hyperfocal Tool on the Phase XF camera. This is really an amazingly useful tool for configuring your XF camera for maximum depth of field. The webinar is excellent, and explains the process in detail. I would say this tool is...
  20. S

Alpa Lenshade

I have for sale the Alpa PLS- Pro Lens Shade in good condition. It has an adjustable ring that allows it to attach to lenses of different diameters. The housing has a few marks on it, but not easy to see against the black color. A good deal at less than half price. Price $225.00 Free shipping...