The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. E

Q on Canon 135mm TS + Phase One IQ3100 + tech camera

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has used a canon 135mm TS lens on a IQ300 or IQ150 with a technical camera. Would be interesting to know if the lens can handle the larger sensor in terms of image circle and sharpness, distortion etc. I quickly tested it on a Hcam adaptor on a Sony A7r in my...
  2. E

Moonlight over Fanad Lighthouse on the Inishowen Peninsula

Fanad Lighthouse on the Inishowen Peninsula has become hugely popular with landscape photographers in recent years. It is in a wonderful part of Donegal along the Irish coast. A full moon and a thin veil of cloud created a lovely affect. A stitched photo with rise and fall. Captured with my...
  3. E

1500 year old Beehive Huts on Skellig Michael

The beehive huts and walls on Skellig Michael built by early Christian Monks are a sight to behold. Their forms are sympathetic to the natural rock formations on the island. They sit majestically on Skellig Rock. You can’t but sit back and take in the view back to the Kerry mainland and Little...
  4. E

Sunrise on Skellig Michael

The Skellig islands are like something from another world so I intentionally left the flare in the shot. The dramatic scenery is both harsh and spectacularly beautiful. The island has become hugely popular due to the filming of several scenes from the last 2 Star Wars episodes. It is one of a...
  5. E

Wild garlic of Ross Island Forest

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I posted a photo here. The last time I posted an image was right at the time I THOUGHT I had finished my new website. However a lot more work needed to be done to dramatically improve SEO and user experience both under the hood and on the site itself. We are...
  6. E

Wild garlic of Ross Island Forest

Hi everyone. Apologies. A moment of madness. I posted here originally (in the wrong section). It is moved to the Artful images section on the forum.
  7. E

New Website - 1 Year of Blood Sweat and Tears!

Howdy folks It's been a while since I posted. I've lost a year of my life and sanity to my new website which I thought I would show you. I make my living from my urban and rural landscapes plus my architectural work. Over the years it's sort of 50/50 in terms of income. Sometimes more of one...
  8. E

problems with the smart remote app and A7rii

Hi all. I got the Sony A7rii. Very happy with it so far. I tend to use the smart remote app lot on my architectural work. Great for setting up shots with the live view while walking around in the scene and eliminating the need to tweak things and run back to the camera all the time .Great for...
  9. E

(Edit. Sold) FOR SALE. Cambo lens panels for 28, 35 and 47mm digitar lenses!

Howdy folks. These babies went AWOL after i changed from Cambo to Arca Swiss. I found them recently and thought they would be worth something to someone. They show minor signs of wear and tear but work fine. The bars on the 47mm are missing. They were so big I took them off and are still in...
  10. E

Selling Hasselblad HC 50-110mm Lens like new.

Howdy folks. I'm selling a Hasselblad 50-110 HC lens. The lens is in excellent condition. No marks on lens or glass. Really like new. Still have box and all packaging and serial number card which matches same on box. Guide price shows it at about €5800 ex vat new in Europe. Offering it for...
  11. E

3 new forest panoramics

Howdy folks. Here are 3 new 360 degree forest panoramics I thought I'd show you. The 1st image is from one of my favourite forest locations in the country. It's the lovely Gougane Barra forest Park in County Cork. A really special place. If you are ever in Cork, you really should head there...
  12. E

Lovely light - Lough Key forest park

Howdy folks. Shot on a Hasselblad H3D 39 with an Arca Swiss RL3Di and a Schneider 28mm Digitar xl. 2 sets of image for a vertical stitch. I visited Lough Key forest park in County Roscommon a couple of times recently. It was for the 1st time in 37 years. The last time I can remember been there...
  13. E

Saint Finbarr's Oratory, Gougane Barra Forest Park

Howdy folks. Apologies for the posterization on the jpg image! One of the reasons I got the Sony A7r was for longer exposure photography. I shot this night scene on a completely still night with the Sony and Canon 24mm Mark ii TS lens 100 ISO. It's from the stunning Gougane Barra Forest park...
  14. E

Sony Smart Remote Control App

I bought my Sony A7r last summer for situations where low light and the need for speed were prohibitive on my Hasselblad H3D 39/Arca Swiss RL 3d combo. At the time I tested the pretty basic Sony Smart Remote Control App. I wasn't very impressed TBH and since than I just used the fantastic EVF...
  15. E

Gallery of images of the Guinness Storehouse captured on a Sony A7r

Howdy folks. This summer I was commissioned by Diageo to photograph the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin. Located at James’s Gate in Dublin City Centre, it’s one of the most iconic structures in Ireland. In fact it’s the most visited tourist destination in the country. Photographing the building...
  16. E

The old family farm sheds. Many memories

Hi guys Here is a photo of the old family farm sheds in Skreen, County Sligo where I grew up. It's a very personal image. I used to play there. I had my own vegetable garden plot just behind the trees. Although farming was never my thing I used to also sometimes help out with my dad and...
  17. E

360° panoramic photo of the great Beech tree in Balrath Wood

Hi guys Here you see a 360° panoramic photo of the amazing Beech Tree in Balrath Wood in County Meath. The tree, known as the Great Beech, is the oldest in Balrath Wood and estimated to be about 200 years old. The woodland is relatively small and the circuit is an easy walk. The tree has a...
  18. E

Finalist in the World Photographic Cup

I got some great news recently. I was a finalist in the 2014 World Photographic Cup, which is an international photography competition for photographers from the Federation of European Photographers (FEP) and Professional Photographers of America (PPA). The World Photographic Cup is the first...
  19. E

I found an amazingly useful laptop support system

Hi guys I just have to share a link to this guys website. Initially set up as a kickstarter campaign. It's very useful and clever laptop support for when your out and about in the field. You can support your laptop of your tripod legs, support a portable hard drive, and it even has a way of...
  20. E

Another 360° panoramic forest photo of Donadea forest park

Hi guys Here you see another 360° panoramic forest photo of Donadea forest park. It was my third visit to the forest and each time I came to this location, I missed the opportunity to get the correct light to bring the whole place alive. The main focal points are the vine covered trees in the...