The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

Should I move away from MFD for now?

Hello! I'm writing this post at about 4am with a wistful feeling in my heart. I currently have a leaf aptus 22 and a mamiya afd2 with a couple amazing lenses. For a while it was my only camera system and I've grown very accustomed to it. I greatly appreciate everything I've done with it. I've...
  2. M

WTB Nikon d600 and possibly lenses.

Hello everyone! I'm looking to start a new project and I will need a system that does video as well as low light stills. To that end, I'm looking for a nikon d600 and possibly some glass to work with. Please email [email protected] with information about what you have for sale. Thank you!
  3. M

FS Profoto pro ringflash

FS profoto pro ringflash. In good working condition, although cosmetically, it isn't brand new. $650 OBO
  4. M

Boy's Momma: Potentially NSFW

Hello! Here is a repost from Fredmiranda: I am posting here some samplings from the new section of my website- photos from a body of work in progress entitled "Boy's Momma". The body of work is a series of portraits of my mother, who had a double mastectomy taken over the course of the last 2...
  5. M

FS Epson 4800 printer in NYC area

Hello! For sale I have an epson 4800 printer in good condition with mainly 220 inks in it in the NYC area. It is used at least 2-3 times a week to make test prints, so no ink will dry in the lines. It has also only been used with epson inks. Please email me for more details. $550 OBO
  6. M

WTB Epson 9800/9880

Hello! I'm interested in purchasing an epson 9800 or 9880 in the Tri-State NY area. Please let me know if you have one for sale via email at [email protected] . Thanks!
  7. M

Problem with my leaf aptus back?

Hello, I was shooting my mother's boyfriend friend with his guitar on the roof of our apartment building and I noticed something weird in one of the selections. I had him reflect light from his guitar into the camera to give a shining effect to his guitar- but there is some weird effect coming...
  8. M

Digital Tech certification

Hey everyone! I'm interested in finding work as a digital tech, and I would like to learn the skill set associated with tech'ing. Now, Digital Transitions is running a digital tech certification course. It is rather expensive for a 2 day seminar, costing about $500, but it seems to cover a very...
  9. M

Capture One Pro 6.3.4

Hey everyone- just checking in about this update. Good idea or bad idea?
  10. M

Interpolation of an aptus 22 file

Hey- Is anyone experienced with interpolation for large format printing? I'm looking to print 39x52 at 360dpi from a file that's 4,000 pixels by 5300 pixels. Will that be doable?
  11. M

Warrior Mother(NSFW)

What I'm sharing tonight is part of a series that I'm working on with my mother. I am photographing my mother, baring her mastectomy scars. She won the battle against breast cancer, but at a terrible cost. 1. Warrior mother in contemplation by mikedotephoto, on Flickr 2. Warrior Mother 2 by...
  12. M

Dancer in the Dark

I recently shot my friend Rafael, who needed a headshot for dance auditions. Once we got the headshot out of the way, I changed the lighting up and went for a more expressive dance-type photo. Here are the results: Dancer in the Dark #1 by mikedotephoto, on Flickr Dancer in the Dark#2 by...
  13. M

Mounting an aptus 22 to a Toyo-Omega 4x5

Hello, I just picked up an Aptus 22 digital back and I'd like to mount it to my 4x5 view camera. Where can I find the appropriate adaptor? Thank you for your input. Mike
  14. M

WTB: Mola euro or setti beauty dish

WTB Mola Euro or Setti beauty dish with profoto adapter. Looking for local sale, but will consider other offers if the price+shipping is right. Please email me@[email protected] if you've got one available.
  15. M

New to MFD: My first MFD images that I'm happy with

Steve at Capture integration helped me pick up a Mamiya 645 afdII and an aptus 22 back. The first day I had the camera, I shot this: Today, I shot this in the studio: NSFW- Nude, Backbridge http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikedotephoto/6514406063/ Any feedback would be welcome!
  16. M

Beauty lens for m645

Hello, I'm still new to MF digital- I will be buying my first back sometime in the next couple days. I have a question about lenses though- what lens would be good for shooting beauty with? I'm leaning towards a 120 macro, but I definitely can't afford the digital version after buying a back...
  17. M

WTB Phase one p21 or p21+ M Mount

Looking for a used p21 or p21+ for Mamiya 645. Also very interested in a camera body and lens outfit as well. PM me if you have one available.
  18. M

P20+ or Mamiya ZD back?

Hello everyone! This is my first post here. I currently shoot with 35mm digital(5dmkII), large format film, but I'm looking to get into medium format digital. I generally shoot in studio- beauty and on location portraits. I don't have a huge budget for a back and a body- ~4.5-5k at most...