The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

A7RII delivery dates and last minute availability

B&H shipped UPS this am, verified online, via email and UPS directly. Let's now see what it can, and cannot, do.
  2. D

Problems with Capture One 8.3x on win 7 after minimize

Paul, CAUSE TURNS OUT TO BE CORRUPTION (OR INCOMPATIBILITY) OF THE USER SAVED WORKSPACE FILE. After using the Framework repair tool, and doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of C1 8.3.1 the minimize problem resolved without a recurrence until I reinstalled my workspace file from a backup. At...
  3. D

It is actually Microsoft . NET Framework Repair Tool which you should run first: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135 Then reinstall to make sure you have the latest version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851 BTW- would also suggest that...
  4. D

Got this from Phase One Tech Support. Applied recommendations which fixed the problem on my machine: My suggestions are two fold: 1. Repair Microsoft .NET 2. Clean uninstall and reinstall of Capture One: https://www.phaseone.com/en/Search/Article.aspx?articleid=1134&languageid=1 Best regards...
  5. D

I have the same problem with 8.3.1 64-bit on Win 8.1. Similar experiences are reported on the Phase One Forum: Phase One and Leaf-Mamiya Official User to User Forum ? View topic - C1 freezes. Hopefully, at some point there will be a response from tech support. Donald LaVay
  6. D

Phase One Forum

Thanks Doug. That is the site to which I referred. It is operational although my saved link and that posted on the Phase One website is broken: forum.phaseone.com/En
  7. D

Phase One Forum

Where did it go?
  8. D

LCD Protector

My long deceased father once told me upon the purchase of a new car: "When you pick it up, hit it with a hammer immediately. That way you will avoid all the angst associated with trying to protect it from even minor damage."
  9. D

Capture One 7.2 is out

Reviewed IQ250 files posted on CI with C1 v7.2. Am I correct that there is pronounced banding at 1600 & 3200?
  10. D

Foto scare

Let me begin by saying that the post regarding a dealers behavior when an issue arises with purchased equipment is correct. Regardless of how one's own sensitivities enter into the equation, it is the support the dealer provides after the sale. In this regard, my experience with Jeff has been...
  11. D

Alpa FPS & RRS plates

One more comment. I would recommend not using the gasket supplied with the BPns-S.
  12. D

Alpa FPS & RRS plates

The BPns-S, although small, is robust and quite capable of handling the STC and FPS if installed properly using a RRS clamp. I have been using it on both for some time and have no reservations regarding the security of my equipment. You need the proper reducer bushings from RRS and you must...
  13. D

Alpa FPS & RRS plates

The RRS BPns-S. It fits perfectly on both my Alpa STC and FPS as if it were custom made. I use RRS ball heads and quick release clamps. You can use 2 thereby providing both horizontal and vertical positioning. Also noteworthy is the presence of a flange that prevents any twisting. You will...
  14. D

When oh when is USB3 coming to Phase backs?

"Like the grains of sand in an hourglass so are the days of our lives" waiting for any action from P1. Don
  15. D

Doug, Thanks for the clarification and your support. Don
  16. D

Doug, I spent $4000 on a windows laptop when I purchased the IQ 160 in anticipation of a functioning USB 3 connection as was advertised. Thunderbolt is of no use to me unless P1 wants to spring for a new Mac AND the appropriate only $29 connector. As much as you might try there is really no way...
  17. D

I am glad that YOUR needs have been met and that YOU believe that P1 R&D is being spend where it best serves YOUR needs. YOU sound like so many today in that YOU appear to believe YOU know what is best for everyone. As a result, the real issue at hand becomes obscured. This is why P1 gets away...
  18. D

Sorry about my sense of humor. Even I do not find it amusing when I think about it.
  19. D

I just got a call from a P1 rep. Says that the UBS deficit is the fault of George Bush and the Congressional Republicans. What are the odds of a resolution in light of this information?
  20. D

As we all realize this is a long-standing issue that has concerned, and even angered, many users of the IQ series. Of course the importance of a high speed UBS 3 connection will vary with individual needs but there can be no question that what was promised was not delivered and that the decision...