The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Z

Black Friday Capture One Pro specials

Hi everyone! Phase One is offering some huge discounts on capture one Pro licenses and upgrades today when bundled with style packs... Phase One Online Store If you use AMBROSE as a voucher code you'll net an additional 10% off for 52% off total. Today only.
  2. Z

Black Friday Capture One Pro specials

Hi everyone! Phase One is offering some huge discounts on capture one Pro licenses and upgrades today when bundled with style packs... Phase One Online Store If you use AMBROSE as a voucher code you'll net an additional 10% off for 52% off total. Today only.
  3. Z

BLEW UP my Briese Generator - convert heads to Profoto?

I know that this is a very late reply, but I would suggest contacting Silvino's Pro Flash RX in Hollywood, CA. He is one of the only people in the world capable of working on strobe EQ and he could potentially even fix the Briese generator for you. Pro 10/8a are much better packs imo. I have 6x...
  4. Z

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Finally got to shoot the Wave in Arizona! 4 shot pano with HCD 35-90 on an IQ150
  5. Z

Capture One 9 Released, Free upgrades with COMP Class

Using voucher code AMBROSE will net you 10% off purchase/upgrade ;)
  6. Z

Witnessed a truly spectacular sunset this evening in Bass Harbor, Maine..
  7. Z

ISO 800 with HC 100 f2.2 wide open after the sun dipped over the horizon. Joel the Wrangler by Rick Rose on 500px
  8. Z

Taken up by Mitch's Ranch in Wyoming.. IQ150 back on Hasselblad H2. Stitched pano. The road to adventure by Rick Rose on 500px
  9. Z

Hasselblad H2 AF problem ID 82:1

This is what they sent me for the curtain repair.. the curtain still goes across but is stuck open.. annoying to say the least.
  10. Z

Hasselblad H2 AF problem ID 82:1

Hello, I have a Hasselblad H2 that is giving me error ID 82:1. The mirror is stuck in the locked up position and will not come down. I've tried removing the back, prism, battery, tried different batteries, different viewfinders, and even different backs. It's still persisting. The camera will...
  11. Z

Really loving the new IQ150 back in the studio as well lately.. Lisa for Aspery by Rick Rose on 500px
  12. Z

Monitor recommendations?

I am really content with my NEC PA271W (theres the PA272W now which is even better) There's a 31' 4k display which offers 99% adobe RGB coverage, and is around $3000. If I were in the market for a monitor, and had the funds, that may be the one I'd go with. Or if on a budget and wanting more...
  13. Z

HC 100 f2.2 Natural Light W/ p45+ Amber Jones by Rick Rose on 500px
  14. Z

Hasselblad HCD 28mm f/4 or HC 35mm f3.5?

Everywhere I've seen the 28 trumps the 35. For the 1.3x crop backs I think the 28 would particularly be more useful, as my 35 isn't wide enough with my IQ150.. It's a shame that you need a H4x/H5x to use this, as well as the 24 and 35-90.
  15. Z

I am really enjoying the new IQ150 back with my H2 and 100 f2.2.. Golden hour shot: Melissa Kimbro by Rick Rose on 500px
  16. Z

Image backup solution for MF

That'd add up to $240 a month? (8TB = 8000 GB x $0.03) Or $80 with the alternative.. What about something like Backblaze with unlimited data for a yearly price?
  17. Z

Image backup solution for MF

An update.. Just got the Synology DS1815+ and am loving it so far... (the NAS features are proving useful to me personally..) I only got 4 drives with it and have it setup as a SHR for the time being. After reading more online I am thinking about biting the bullet and buying 4 more drives, and...
  18. Z

IQ180: Contax 645 vs Hasselblad H5X

I am sure the V2 is even better.. I snagged my V1 for only $1500 with 691 shots on it, so it will have to do for my needs.. it's quite a lovely lens for portraits and beauty work.
  19. Z

IQ180: Contax 645 vs Hasselblad H5X

IF you do not need to use the HCD lenses and would like to get more lenses than the expensive body.. I'd get a H2 (around $1500ish on ebay or less) and some nice lenses. The HC 120 f4 macro is incredible.. same with all the other lenses in the lineup. Despite people's complaints with the...
  20. Z

Just pulled the trigger..

Got the back in yesterday.. so far loving it. I can't believe I how much of an improvement everything is over my dated P45+... can't wait to shoot with it.