The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Z

Black Friday Capture One Pro specials

Hi everyone! Phase One is offering some huge discounts on capture one Pro licenses and upgrades today when bundled with style packs... Phase One Online Store If you use AMBROSE as a voucher code you'll net an additional 10% off for 52% off total. Today only.
  2. Z

Black Friday Capture One Pro specials

Hi everyone! Phase One is offering some huge discounts on capture one Pro licenses and upgrades today when bundled with style packs... Phase One Online Store If you use AMBROSE as a voucher code you'll net an additional 10% off for 52% off total. Today only.
  3. Z

Hasselblad H2 AF problem ID 82:1

Hello, I have a Hasselblad H2 that is giving me error ID 82:1. The mirror is stuck in the locked up position and will not come down. I've tried removing the back, prism, battery, tried different batteries, different viewfinders, and even different backs. It's still persisting. The camera will...
  4. Z

Image backup solution for MF

As we all know MF takes of quite a bit of space if you shoot regularly.. Curious as to what methods of file storage some of you use.. RAID, NAS, archival drives, etc... I am about to have my 20TB of drives filled (Down to the last 1TB left) and am looking into getting a new storage solution...
  5. Z

Just pulled the trigger..

Just upgrade my beloved P45+ to an IQ150 H mount back.. Placed the order Wednesday and am not waiting on the back to come from Denmark :D:D:D:D I wanted to thank everyone on the forum who helped me reach this decision as I spent a lot of time going back and forth between the 150, 250, and 260...
  6. Z

Hasselblad H2 auxiliary shutter problems

Hello all! Happy new year! One of my Hasselblad H2 bodies auxiliary shutter curtain is not closing :/ I took off the back plate of the camera and tried to see if anything was visibly causing this. In the process I found out that the curtain will work. It only works when mirror lockup...
  7. Z

IQ150

Does anyone have this back yet? As far as I understand, it's the same as the IQ250, asides from the Wifi tether (not sure how often I'd realistically use that) and the warranty? Asking because I was looking into upgrading my P45+ to the IQ250 during the current P+ back promotion receiving...
  8. Z

Hasselblad HC 100 f2.2 broken AF?

Hello! I have a hassy 100 f2.2 lens which for some reason will not autofocus on either of my h2 bodies. The lens will manual focus fine, but turning the ring beyond minimum/infinity has resistance. The lens has been in the camera bad for the last couple months and not touched. Unsure what...
  9. Z

Lee Filter system with wide angle lenses

Hello everyone! I have a question about vignetting with wide angle lenses and the lee filter system. I primarily use a HC 35 and 50-110 with a P45+ on my h2 body, I love the setup. Both of these lenses have 95mm front threads (I have the lee ring for it) which causes vignetting when I use it...
  10. Z

Which direction to go.. IQ250 v IQ260

Hello everyone, I've been a member here for a while now and was looking into upgrading my digital back. I currently have a P45+ with a H2. I use a 100 f2.2, 120 f4 macro, and 50-110 zoom. I was offered the same price on either an IQ250 or IQ260 H mount upgrade. I shoot a lot of studio...
  11. Z

10% off Capture One Pro 7

If anyone was thinking about picking up Capture One Pro 7 for tethering or general raw processing, there's currently a 10% off discount code (Saving $30) thats good through I'm unsure when. Buy Capture One Pro 7 raw converter Code: AMBROSE
  12. Z

Website critique

Hello all! I just renovated my website by myself and made some major changes. It was fun learning how to do this and experimenting. This is what I ended up with: RICK ROSE PHOTOGRAPHY Let me know what you like, or don't! There's always room for improvement.
  13. Z

4x5 and Digital back

Hello everyone! I have a few questions that have probably been asked a million times, but I am unable to find some specific information that I figured some members in this forum would have experience with and personal knowledge of. Some backstory: I recently became intrigued by 4x5 camera...
  14. Z

Medium Format Ariel photography?

Hello! I just got an opportunity for a 90 minute helicopter flight around LA with the doors off, for photographic purposes. I am thinking that my 5d with 24-70 f2.8 L II would be sufficient for this (maybe another body with a 70-200 too) but am also contemplating bringing my H2, P45+, and...
  15. Z

P45+ Super long exposures

Hello! I have a P45+ in H mount and will be traveling to death valley from the 2nd to the 5th of January. Conveniently the new moon is in this time frame and the skies should be dark. I do not have much experience with super long (1 hour plus) exposures, but would love to give it a go for star...
  16. Z

H1 focusing screen + mask

Hello! I recently picked up a used H1 kit (only 291 actuations on the body, lens, and magazine :clap::p) I have a H2 body as well, and purchased it used, it came with grid focusing screen, and a mask for a P45+ (purchased as a kit) The H1 has the standard focusing screen, and no mask. I...
  17. Z

Quick extension tube question

Hello! I just acquired a HC 120 f4 macro lens, and already have a 52mm extension tube.. I am just curious if anyone knows, or how I could find out what the magnification factor of that combination is... Thanks in advance :) test shot and 100% crop to the right of Mr. Lincoln's ear.
  18. Z

Help! Shutter button not working on H2

Hello! My shutter button on my hasselblad h2 does not work anymore, I have not misused it, abused it, and have babied it. The camera will fire with the cable release attached, and focus with the back button user focus. The actual shutter button will not respond at all. I have tried unplugging...
  19. Z

XF20 flash?

Hello, I just recently acquired the X-E1 with 35 f1.4, and so far I love it! Enough so that I was thinking of selling my Canon Eos system and replacing it with the Fuji and then having the Fuji X to compliment my Hasselblad H. I would need to adapt the X system for events, and was thinking I...
  20. Z

Interested in a tech camera. Suggestions?

Hello! Haven't posted in a while.. I have been thinking of getting a camera with tilt and shift movements for architectural and landscape work.. My main interest is a camera that is capable of that. I have a P45+ in H mount. Could you name some setups that you would recommend? Also price...