The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

Camera Case Foam Design

I am on my 4th design with them. Looking to do #5 now.
  2. T

Camera Case Foam Design

Congrats Joe! Great job! I enjoy the design part of this kind of thing almost more than the use part!
  3. T

Camera Case Foam Design

There are actually three foams that I have used in my many Pelican, HPRC and similar cases over the years. And, although I do not have a Rodenstock, I do have a Schneider Kruznach 35 for my Cambo, so I do know of the delicate nature to which you refer. PU (polyurethane) Foam - This is the...
  4. T

Camera Case Foam Design

I received my foam design from www.mycasebuilder.com and I have to say, it is fantastic! I previously used their PE (polyethylene) foam, which is a step above their PU (polyurethane) foam. But this foam is called their "pro" foam and it is very high density. I picked up a second hand Amabilia...
  5. T

Camera Case Foam Design

Hey All, I am resurrecting this thread because I have a specific question relating to the design of a new case upon which I am working. I found a great condition Phase One Aluminum case (Amabilia) and I am outfitting it with www.mycasebuilder.com custom foam. I love this process and product...
  6. T

i-phone holder... for RM3D... ?

I knew new someone would point that out. LOL I left out this part that I use with the case.... It puts the lens smack dab on the centerline. For $20. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1071434-REG/vello_se_200_6_cold_shoe_extension.html
  7. T

i-phone holder... for RM3D... ?

Rather than some large, unwieldy, contraption, I highly recommend the Schneider iPro case (and lenses if appropriate). The case is made by "Element Case", arguably the best iPhone case maker in the biz. Look them up. the iPro case has 1/4-20 inserts (metal) on both sides of the case. Simply...
  8. T

Me and my Götschmann…

Erik, Did you try white balancing on the various portrait patches on the Colorchecker? There are 5 for portraits (left column in photo) and 5 for landscapes (right column in photo). They are meant to tweak the warmth/coolness to taste. You should try each of the 5 for portraits and post for...
  9. T

Actuation count: test shots or used equipment?

Umm, no. Let's look at some typical in-the-field usage as a point of comparison.... It is a good (and pretty well known) general estimate for event shooters that a client can expect 100 photos per hour present. Again, it is an estimation and doesn't take into account shooters that spray and...
  10. T

Phase One XF Hand Strap revisited

Your question makes perfect sense and I would say you are 100% correct. My belief with the plastic piece is to maintain the open position and "attitude" of the strap, thus allowing your hand to always easily slide through. I noticed after my "mod" with clippers, that the actual strap that is...
  11. T

Phase One XF Hand Strap revisited

I have been using the SpiderPro handstrap for almost the entire time that I have owned the XF. And sidenote, I NEVER use handstraps or neckstraps. I have used each generation of Canon 1 series camera and the Phase One DF, DF+ and now the XF and this is the first time I have chosen to use a...
  12. T

Tech Cam for multiple uses

Binbin, I have to tell you, your landscapes are absolutely jawdroppingly gorgeous! Keep up the great work! I use my tech cam exclusively for architectural interiors. Cambo WRS1200 with Schneider 35mm Digital XL and Credo 60 that shares its service between the Cambo and the XF. Lastly...
  13. T

The great tripod & head thread!

Dan, I have both the small Magic Ball and the large Magic Ball and swear by them. To not be limited by the "drop-in" cutout of a typical head is priceless. The quality is superb. Those Germans! But I also like the modularity of their system. You can start with a Magic Ball and then add their...
  14. T

Tech Cam for multiple uses

That's funny Ken! Like you, the first thing I saw was the Sony logo and then I read the post! LOL
  15. T

Handstrap for Phase One XF

In a related matter, I just picked a ProMediaGear L bracket. It has some cool features, such as the slide out vertical part and threaded holes for accessory attachments. But, more importantly, their brackets have hardened steel insert (not shown on these photos) that receives their...
  16. T

Right there with you Ken. Hence, my decision to go with the Spider strap.
  17. T

Moving this up relative to Jordan's question about a strap.
  18. T

Camera strap for Hasselblad H camera and protective cover for digital back

Jordan, Maybe not quite what you are looking for, but take a look at this thread I posted a while back.... http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-and-digital-backs/57998-handstrap-phase-one-xf.html
  19. T

Camera Case Foam Design

Do it! I have to tell you, the design process is actually quite fun. If you have a standard case, you start with their pre-dimensioned insert and then start adding cutouts either from their library or from your own measurements. I can't wait to do another. A friend of mine made a very good...
  20. T

Camera Case Foam Design

So, I received my second foam design from www.mycasebuilder.com. And I have to tell you guys, these guys rock! Previously, I designed a case for my Phase One XF and lenses. This time, I designed one for my Wacom Cintiq 27" display tablet. It is absolutely perfect. Looks like it came...