The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

Canon EOS 1Dx and Canon WFT-E6A WiFi Transmitter

Canon EOS 1Dx and Canon WFT-E6A WiFi Transmitter Excellent (Near New) condition Canon 1Dx body with box and all accessories and manuals provided and packaged as if new. $2900 Also included in the kit is another LP-E4N battery. Camera has <163k releases. This camera has served me well and is...
  2. T

Question about Newly Announced Cambo WRS Canon Mount

Hey guys, I stumbled across this quiet announcement from Cambo. It seems quite significant to me, and I wanted to check with the seasoned technical camera users as to whether I should be excited about this.... https://blog.cambo.com/page/2/ The big question of the day for me..... With this...
  3. T

Is there a short multi-connector/sync cable for the Leaf Credo?

Hey Guys, I am curious whether there is a shorter version of this multi-connector/sync cable I found at B&H? https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/963982-REG/mamiya_50300143_multi_connector_to_lens_sync.html This one is 16" long, but I want a shorter version.
  4. T

Anyone used "Mark II Artist's Viewfinder" with a tech camera??

As a new tech cam user, I have been looking into the various ways to frame and focus. My intent is solely interior architecture and I am using a Cambo Wide RS + Credo 60 back. I came across this App the other day and thought it might be well suited to use with a tech cam. You can input the...
  5. T

Cambo WRS-1200 Lensboard Question

Hi Guys, Tech Cam newbie question... I believe this is a relatively simple question for the tech cam users out there, but I'm asking to be sure. Will lenses mounted in WDS lens panels (Example WDS-558) work in the WRS-1200? I guess another way to put this, are lenses mounted for use in a Cambo...
  6. T

Request to Phase One concerning the new XF V-Grip

Hello All, I have been using the Phase One XF camera for about a half of a year. I have been quite happy with it and with the latest firmware update, it is even better. I commend Phase One and "Mamiya" for this ground-up design. Not an easy task even with the long history of camera building...
  7. T

Capture 1 v9.3 + Profoto Studio 3 Plug-in = Problems

Hey Guys, I wanted to put the question out there to see if anyone has had the problems I experienced last night. I am running Capture One (v9.3) on a MacBook Pro running Yosemite. I had an old version of Profoto Studio 3 installed (standalone version) and decided last night to install and try...
  8. T

Phase One XF Feature Update #3

Very impressed! As a Profoto user I am extremely impressed. Couldn't ask for more there. Wow! I see it works with my 8A and D1's. I do wonder if the expanded adjustability works with my workhorse B4's and my D4 Air though. Anyone know? Electronic shutter for the newest back... Wow! Flash...
  9. T

Tech Camera Rodenstock 45mm compatibility

I want to thank you guys for the help so far with some initial questions relating to a technical camera. Collectively, you are a valuable resource. So... I am trying to leverage my Credo 60 with a Cambo WRS1200 to replace my Canon 1Dx with a 24mmTSE to shoot some architectural interiors. This...
  10. T

Technical Camera Focal Length Equivalents

Hi Guys, I tried searching this topic and can't seem to find an answer. If it has already been discussed, please link me. I am trying to determine the focal length equivalents for a tech camera as compared to a 35mm DSLR. Basically in a nutshell, if I have used a 24mmTSE and 17mmTSE on my...
  11. T

Cambo WRS 1200 Question

Hey guys, I do not have a technical camera, but I have been looking into building a kit for some time to leverage the use of my Leaf Credo 60 back. I probably do not want to buy new and would rather piece together a system if possible. My main goal with the system would be for architectural...
  12. T

Tethered XF Lockup

Hey guys, i had an all-day shoot yesterday (indoor fashion model shoot with new client) wherein the first half of the day had the camera locked down and tethered and the second half of the day was handheld and free form, untethered. I am running the XF with a Credo 60 back and a MacBook Pro...
  13. T

Handstrap for Phase One XF

Hey guys... I typically do not use any straps on my cameras. Moving fast, it impedes my workflow. However, with the value of the XF + Back + Lens and the tethering/tripping danger, I felt a handstrap would offer some good insurance. Straps are very personal items and what one person likes...
  14. T

Camera Case Foam Design

Hey Guys... I thought I would share a really great find. It has to do with the way we store and transport our gear. I use Pelican cases for all my gear. I have about 20 of them. My medium format case has used the pick-n-pluck foam from Pelican. Anyone that has used this foam knows that it...
  15. T

Sony Play Memories Snafu

Hey Guys, So, I had an architectural photoshoot yesterday for a magazine editorial. I decided to use the A7R withe the Metabones and the Canon TSE 24mm II. So far so good. I set the camera to Raw + JPEG and I locked it down on my gear head and fired up the Play Memories Remote Control App. I...
  16. T

Focus Point Setup on A7R

Hey Guys, I have a question about the A7R relating to the focus point selection. Before I ask the question, I would like to offer an example of how I use my 1Dx for very speedy and accurate focus, since I am trying to emulate this technique as closely as possible given the Sony's design...
  17. T

Created my own RZ67 Aerial Grip with operational hotshoe

Hey guys, I have an on/off love affair with my RZ67 Pro IID. I like the idea of using the best part of the MTF response of the lenses on the digital back and I LOVE the render for portraits. But when not on a tripod (most often not on a tripod), the focusing and handholding gets difficult...
  18. T

Question about Concept of RZ67 as a Tech-Cam

Hey Guys, Since you guys are the authority on this technical camera stuff, I thought I would ask the question here. I have been thinking about something and wanted to see if my hunch is correct. Since I own both a M645DF+ and a RZ67ProIID, I got to thinking... The RZ67 throws a very large...
  19. T

Canon 17mmTS-E or 24mm TS-E II vs. Phase One 28mm for Architectural Project

Hi Guys, I have a question and wanted to gain some insight from architectural shooters that might have contemplated the same thing or have direct experience. Before I ask the question, a little background... I have a long history in photography and have shot everything possible from landscapes...
  20. T

Credo Screen Protector

Hey All, I purchased a Lexerd Screen Protector for my Credo 60 a while back. It is a anti-glare version. The anti-glare aspect works great, however, I find the satin surface somewhat softens the images when viewing and takes some of the contrast away. I mostly shoot un-tethered fashion and...