The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

Hasselbald Flextight Scanner

I have a Flextight scanner which is lightly used but Hassleblad has now discontinued support for the Flexcolor software. I plan to keep it and gradually to scan a large number of negatives. With 64 bit Catalina the Flexcolor software won't work. I have created a partition of a TB2 external...
  2. M

Next Apple machine ?

I have a 2013 Mac Pro that works very well with Phase One IQ3100 and Sony A7Riii files. I also have a MBP13 which I use when travelling and a Mac Mini which works fine as a print server. The new Mac Pro announced yesterday seems to be targeted at high end video and will cost $$$. One day I...
  3. M

Mac Mini for IQ3 100 and C1/Photoshop CC

Does anyone have any experience of using a Mac Mini with IQ3 100 files in C1 and PS CC? I have a Mac Pro but now need top spread my processing across two rooms some way apart via a CAT5 network. The second machine would be maily used as a print server and for scanning old negatives but I would...
  4. M

Epson 790: Replace or Repair ?

My 8 year old Epson 7900 looks like it needs a head replacement. It's worked well and I have liked its print quality and general reliability (up to now). The question arises as to whether to pay the service cost for Epson to have it fixed or to buy something new. The service cost is around...
  5. M

Taking notes with technical cameras

I wonder what do people do or not do to make notes when using a tech is camera and digital back ( or indeed a film back) ? Shutter speed, ISO and GPS via Capture Pilot plus date and time is about all that shows up in the metadata. I'd like to record aperture, focus setting, degree of tilt or...
  6. M

Mask for R Series Ground Glass

I have recently bought the A-S Rotaslide for my Factum and am trying to work out the best way to mask the 6x9 ground glass for an IQ260. The main aim is to use the ground glass for critical focussing. Initially I put a piece of acetate with the mask cut out under the small 'bars' that hold...
  7. M

Arca-Swiss Factum Query

I've bought the Factum with 23mm and 32mm Rodenstocks and 60mm and 120mm Schneiders. So far so great but I'm struggling with one thing and wonder if anyone knows the solution. It is different from the Rm3Di in that you have to rotate it 90 degrees in order to get sideways shift. As shipped it...