The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. beamon

Did the board change in horizontal size?

Last few days, I'm showing a skinnier width to the forums and the messages within. I made no conscious change in my setup.
  2. beamon

Why visiting your dealer can be a mistake - Alpa STC

All I can think of when reading this thread is the last part of The Lord's Prayer, to wit: "And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory. for ever and ever. Amen"
  3. beamon

FS: Leica M8.2 - Black

Hi John, Forgive me for loading up your advert, but when I was a newly married guy (53 years ago), I thought my new bride was dumb as dirt about my amateur radio equipment. I bought a new receiver shortly after our honeymoon, unbeknownst to her, secure in my thinking that she'd never...
  4. beamon

Luminous Landscape...

Yep, just saw that it's back up and read Chris' explanation. Thanks, Oren.
  5. beamon

Luminous Landscape...

seems to be down for a day or so. Anyone know what the problem is?
  6. beamon

Jesus Christ

Like it a lot, Rafa. Reminds me of our experience attending the Passion Play in Oberammergau, Germany in 1970. This was when the dramatization was 'open air'. A severe thunderstorm was brewing in the mountains that were in the distance and directly behind the crucifixion scene. The depiction...
  7. beamon

FW 2.005 for M8 is available

I installed it in my M8.2 this morning and noticed that though the instructions said that the User Profiles would be lost and have to be defined again, mine didn't. The update went w/o any problems, AND my User Profiles persisted. Anyone else notice this?
  8. beamon

John Stovall Has Passed

Terribly sad. Only knew John for his contributions to this board. His referrals to articles of interest elsewhere were always worthwhile reads. We'll miss you, John. RIP.
  9. beamon

I am NOT going to sell my M9!

I think I may be as happy to see you not selling it, Tom, as you are. :) I winced, visably, when I saw your advert for it. Ya see, I categorize (no make that "profile") people to a fare thee well and I had you pegged as a Leica guy. There's something about fit, finish and use that gets into a...
  10. beamon

GF1 Macro.. what a bargain.

I'll say! But, like all the really good photographers out there, Jim, you are able to extract interesting and captivating images from whatever you have access to at the time. Nice job!
  11. beamon

Trade my Amazon Kindle DX for your LX3 or D-Lux4

You going to be in line Saturday morning to buy an IPad, Brad? :toocool:
  12. beamon

Dale Labs, David Farkas

Re: Dale Labs, David Farcas +1 Completely agree!
  13. beamon

M9 Firmware Update, Monday, 3/15

Seems a good set of features. I figure that I'll be a candidate for an M9 about when they have fulfilled all orders, worldwide, and are on dealer's shelves for immediate purchase. Of course that's about when the M9.2 or M10 will be announced. :p
  14. beamon

Where is Bob, our mod in MA?

Ok, you're excused since the absence was workshop created. ;) I won't attempt any coupling between attic and belfrey :rolleyes: since they really aren't the same thing.
  15. beamon

Where is Bob, our mod in MA?

Is he otherwise occupied? My addled brain from recent back surgery seems to recall something about him going somewhere. Too lazy to search. Enjoy his very authoritative posts.
  16. beamon

Last Post Changes - Good/Bad?

Only two earlier, Guy, until this coming Sunday, that is. :)
  17. beamon

The M9 arrived a day early

Good going, Don! I'll be surprised if it isn't a keeper. Bottlebrush in bloom already?! I'm just down in Sahuarita and no sign of bottlebrush blooms here, yet.
  18. beamon

One Day, Two Photographers (Jack + Uwe)

What's the deal with that car graveyard? Is it a designated place where it is allowed?
  19. beamon

SOLD: Leica 35mm Summicron ASPH 6-bit coded L

Re: FS Leica 35mm Summicron ASPH 6-bit coded L I know you don't mean that price, Tom. If you do, you'll be overwhelmed with buyers, including me. :)
  20. beamon

Yikes! Why oh why do they do this

Re: Sigh..... Probably not, Jim. Leica has what they have to sell and that's it! If they can gussy it up to appeal to the 'carriage trade' with a small amount of extra production time and money and achieve an inordinate profit, what's the harm? Those of us who run in more moderate circles...