The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. beamon

Did the board change in horizontal size?

Last few days, I'm showing a skinnier width to the forums and the messages within. I made no conscious change in my setup.
  2. beamon

Luminous Landscape...

seems to be down for a day or so. Anyone know what the problem is?
  3. beamon

Where is Bob, our mod in MA?

Is he otherwise occupied? My addled brain from recent back surgery seems to recall something about him going somewhere. Too lazy to search. Enjoy his very authoritative posts.
  4. beamon

Another good job by DAG

It's always nice to have competent work done at the right price and on time! Had one of my three M lenses 6-bit coded by Leica in N.J. months ago when I bought my M8.2. Their work was fine but it took considerably longer than they indicated it would. My other two M lenses were just coded by...
  5. beamon

Why is the product number not on Leica lenses?

Or, is it somewhere where only the cognoscenti can find it? Granted, the box has it, but shouldn't it be on the lens, itself? I've had Leicas for 30 years, but just now realized this. :confused:
  6. beamon

I want you all to be good boys and girls, tomorrow.

None of that playing "hooky" from work so you can hang around the computer and iPhones for all the skinny coming from the big announcements. Truth is that we pensioners need your contributions to the Social Security fund. :thumbs: Keep 'em coming!
  7. beamon

Posts per page working?

In my options I've tried to set the "Posts per page" to 50 but it continues to show only 25. Is the feature working or am I missing something?
  8. beamon

Rose Colored Glasses?

One of the correspondents in a Leica Enthusiasts Mailing list to which I belong, posted the following: ------------------------------------------------------------------ "Considering that we are in the middle of a financial crisis, Leica has come away a lot better than many other medium and...
  9. beamon

RAW Converters for Leica M8 DNG Files, C1 vs. LR or ?

Yeah, I know, d/l LR and try it. Can and probably will, but to those with experience with both, what are your findings? I'm not even too proud to use a freebie/cheapie like RawTherapee and will appreciate any experiences. C1 is fine, but I'm not learning it very fast :confused:. Photography...
  10. beamon

1st Use Of A Lens In 13 years.

13 years ago I bought a 90mm Elmarit-M, No. 11807. At the time, a buddy and I were docents at the AZ-Sonora Desert Museum. In our off time we would prowl the grounds with me taking happy snaps of people, and various ongoing interpretations with my M6 while my bud did the intense stuff with an...
  11. beamon

Anyone tried Luigi Crescenzi's M8 bases?

Too lazy to search, but has anyone tried these? Are they totally reliable? Knowing about his case quality, I'd bet they are well made. www.leicatime.com
  12. beamon

"How do I love thee...let me count the ways"

1. You're beautiful! Anyone casting an eye on you will be impressed regardless of their preferences. 2. You're really built! And, that just adds to your beauty. 3. You're familiar! Despite this being our first meeting, I feel as if we've met before. 4. You're intuitive! Already, I can run...
  13. beamon

This cartoon cracked me up!

So true, but ya gotta laugh at it.
  14. beamon

Does Michael have a problem over at Luminous Landscape?

Shunted to "techtalkpoint.com" instead. Was the site hacked, I wonder?
  15. beamon

Leica R8 Black Body

They don't come any more mint than this. Bought new in November 2000. Serial Number: 2476xxx. Ran one roll and put it away after removing the batteries so they wouldn't corrode (they will need to be replaced as it has been 8 years). Original boxes and papers. Includes Really Right Stuff R21...