The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

My Pet Peeve for the Day

Forgive me, but I have a pet peeve. Where did this "capture" nonsense come from? It's not a "capture", it's a photograph. There. I said it. I feel better now. Back to the regularly scheduled program. :D
  2. J

Finally!!!! LCC's in C1 for any camera!

Gotta say, this is pretty awesome! The latest version of Capture One Pro will allow the user to use the LCC feature on any camera! No more red edges!!!! I am currently building a library of calibration files for all my lenses! I've been asking for this feature since Ver 3.xx. Up until this...
  3. J

24mm f/3.8 Elmar - opinions?

Couple of quick questions - who's got the 24mm f/3.8 Elmar and using it with an M9? Any red edge issues with the current firmware? Do you find that you can frame it accurately without an external viewfinder?
  4. J

M9 - vibration and resilience thereof

I'm taking a 2K mile motorcycle trip here shortly. I'd really like to take the M9, but it has recently been back to Leica for calibration, along with 3 of my favorite lenses. It's now spot on. With reasonable precautions, i.e. good packing in a well padded case, securely tied down, am I...
  5. J

Yet another "what Leica should do" thread

Looney Landscape is at it again ;) Wait, let me get some popcorn..... http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/hogan-leica.shtml
  6. J

The M9 as a Landscape camera

Geez guys, this thing really stinks as a landscape camera. :D
  7. J

A must read story

OK, it's not a Leica, but the spirit is there. A must read: http://vivianmaier.blogspot.com/
  8. J

Christmas came a little late this year...

My M9 arrived yesterday. Overall I'm really happy. A few observations: Some of the CV lenses I used on the M8 don't stand up to the Leica's I've been using. Much more so than on the M8. One exception is the little 35 color skopar. ISO 640, 2.5 1/30th The 75 sumarit really sings on this...
  9. J

Question for the lens gurus

I bought a used 50 cron for my M8 a few years back. It appears to be a 5th version, with removable plastic slotted hood. It says Leitz, not Leica, and was made in Canada. According to the serial number chart, it appears to be manufactured in or around 1981. I've sold my M8 and now have an M9...
  10. J

SOLD: Black M8

Bought a few months before the M8.2 came out, never had any problems with the camera. Between 5K - 6K clicks on it, performs as new. Focus seems to work just fine. Cosmetically, it is in very good condition. The only signs of use is some very slight wear on the edges of the top plate. Sale...
  11. J

what's it worth now?

I've been toying around with the idea of selling my M8. What are they bringing these days? Thanks James ps - I also think I'm holding onto my M mount glass. Don't think I'm done with it yet....
  12. J

question for alpa/cambo ds users

I've got a Cambo WDS, 35, 47 and 72xl lenses. I've noticed quite a bit of flare when shooting at night, with lights coming from anywhere close to the sides. Add the center filter, and it gets worse. The only solution I've been able to successfully implement is a magic arm with a makeshift flag...
  13. J

Robert Frank on NPR

Just listened to an interview with Robert Frank on NPR (Bob Edwards Weekend). He was discussing his making of "The Americans" among other things. I found it to be highly entertaining. If you want to hear it, I think you can download a podcast of it here...
  14. J

Adapter Availability?

Hi Guys! Anybody know about the availability of a G1-Leica M adaptor in the USA? JM doesn't have them yet, Rayqual emailed saying they'd be available via cameraquest in February. Any other available options? I can't wait to try some of my good glass on this thing! Thanks!
  15. J

Adapter Question

First off, hello! Just joined the forum, it is nice to have another resource! This is my 1st post :thumbup: So, just bought a little x-mas present for myself, a G1. I have a small collection of CV and Leica lenses. Some are LTM mount, some M. The LTM lenses already have adapters making them M...