The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

16-35mm Inconsistent edge performance from shot to shot

Hi Quentin How do you normally focus, manual, halfpress shutter, af-on, etc. Could it be that (if auto) it did not complete focusing before shot fired. (I do understand the center seems to be in focus) Regards, Monty:)
  2. S

Seeing any Posterization issues with A7r ll?

Man oh man, this whole thing is one huge overblown misrepresentation perpetrated by one who has probably profited handsomely by "yelling Fire in the theater". My mom would have said he ought to be ashamed of himself, posing all this time as such an expert yet wouldn't acknowledge it was a color...
  3. S

Hi Tim Are you saying that you downloaded the raw file and processed it yourself with both lr and c1? Cheers, Monty:)
  4. S

I suspect most would be satisfied if he were to share the file with you Tim and you would take it from there and confirm or not. I know I would. Cheers, Monty :)
  5. S

Yes, that's kinda what I meant. Cheers, Monty
  6. S

I'm trying to imagine why Lloyd might not share his raw file. Only thing I can come up with is not nice. Cheers, Monty:(
  7. S

New lens lineup for the A7rII

After having sold off my Nikon gear which was d800 plus 14-24 24-70 70-200 85 1.4 300 4 400 2.8 600 4 I now have the a6k, a7r, a7rii plus 16-35 24-70 (BTW, I like this lens a lot. Its better all-around than my Nikon 24-70 2.8 ever was) 25 batis 35 1.4 55 1.8 70-200 4 85 batis Speaking...
  8. S

A7-series could get uncompressed raw via firmware - Sony says

I have a suggestion.... (not that it hasn't been suggested before as I'm sure it must have), why don't you folks who claim to see the sony compression problem help convince us who have never noticed it by showing an example of it in your affected images. And, I don't mean pointing to the...
  9. S

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Sunset - Gulf of Mexico ..... Cheers, Monty:):)
  10. S

Fun with Nikon Images

:) Cheers, Monty
  11. S

Fun with Nikon Images

Cheers, Monty:)
  12. S

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Cheers, Monty:)
  13. S

Fun with Nikon Images

Cheers, Monty:):toocool:
  14. S

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Cheers, Monty:):)
  15. S

Fun with Nikon Images

Cheers, Monty :):)
  16. S

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

The farmer says this baby starts on gas, then switches to diesel, then runs on steam when hot. Should probably avoid asphalt roads in summer. Cheers, Monty:shocked::clap:
  17. S

Thoughts about manual focusing

Aw, come on...... I'll bet you 100 million Marks (I'll hold the money) my a7r can beat ya........ Cheers, Monty;);)
  18. S

Thoughts about manual focusing

My dad told me once that he really liked the horse & buggy, he could fall asleep and the horse would know the way home after the dance. He never-the-less ended up preferring the automobile. Cars are faster too. Like the AF on the 6k. Cheers, Monty:facesmack::dh2:
  19. S

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Cheers, Monty:)
  20. S

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

Stacked images............ Cheers, Monty :)