The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

What we all strive for:

Would add architecture to the list. The classics are here Rudolf Arnheim's, Art and Visual Perception, The Power of the Center, Visual Thinking, and Dynamics-of-Architectural-Form.
  2. T

What we all strive for:

I know only one book on/about photography that contains a constructive, detailed & comprehensive discussion of composition and that's Bruce Barnbaum, The Art of Photography: A Personal Approach to Artistic Expression, 2nd Edition. Has a chapter titled "What is Composition?" followed by a chapter...
  3. T

The great tripod & head thread!

Maybe a bit off topic but since the last postings were about a wooden tripod, Ansel Adams wrote: Engineers have told me that vibration is one of the difficult problems to overcome in design. It can appear with different "loading" (the weight of the supported components), or with sympathetic...
  4. T

Live view support for Capture One for iPad / iPhone Version 2.3.0

Just saw that on dpreview: "Atomos announces Ninja Phone for connecting camera to iPhone for monitoring and recording", https://tinyurl.com/mv5bwb7t Of any interest or use for us?
  5. T

The Phase One XT 150mm HO-S SB Lens – First Impressions

Perhaps, but repurposing an arial lens for general purpose photography might not be so straightforward.
  6. T

The Phase One XT 150mm HO-S SB Lens – First Impressions

Last year Silvestri introduced the Apo Silvetar 5.6/35 mm Interesting that camera manufacturer now started to step in with their own lens design.
  7. T

IQ5 rumors

No April Fools' Day prank of an announced IQ5! I guess, no one would believe it in the first place.
  8. T

Phase One XT 150mm HO-S SB Lens

Yes, that's the answer I unfortunately expected.
  9. T

IQ5 rumors

There is something to be said for 4:3 as a good compromise between 5:4 (4:5 for us 4x5" shooters) and 3:2 (36mm or FF).
  10. T

For Nikon Nikkor T lenses the focal flange distance is about 2/3 of the focal length. Assuming that this also applied to the P1 150mm, this would give a focal flange distance of about 100mm. My Silvestri Flexicam would just have enough extension. But even if I could get a custom COPAL shutter...
  11. T

Your webpage states "150mm Telephoto design". I am not aware of any modern Rodenstock lenses of telephoto design. Are you free to share the flange focal distance.
  12. T

Does this mean that P1's "XT Short Barrel Adapter" adds 42mm of extension? Cambo has three different rear spacers, WRS-1010 / 1017 / 1048, adding 10mm, 17mm, and 48mm, respectively. Will be interesting to see whether P1 will follow Cambo, and offer different extensions. Such rear extension...
  13. T

Camera bags surely fall into the same category. Someone once wrote that he stopped questions his wife about her handbag purchases and handbag collection after she pointed out his every expanding camera bag collection.
  14. T

Berlebach ® Tripods .... 09619 Mulda East Germany! Former German Democratic Republic. Not known for "Customer Service".
  15. T

This is not even funny. Scary what some of us have already spent on tripods on the never-ending quest for the perfect tripod or tripod set!
  16. T

IQ5 rumors

I ignored the fact that the CVF-100C was not released together with the X2D 100C, but about 18 month apart. With my assertion of a Mark II CVF-100C at the end of 2025 I made the unstated assumption that it would be released together with a Mark II X2D 100C. (HB has followed a three-year cycle...
  17. T

IQ5 rumors

Not that we are overwhelmed with choices, the IQ4-150 is still offers the best image quality and there is no competitor challenging this, at least not before we see the (or:a) CVF 100C Mark II, perhaps at the end of next year.
  18. T

IQ5 rumors

The 3:2 aspect ratio of this sensor is somewhat disconcerting. For whom and what is this it made? P1 probably would have stayed with the 645 format and 4:3 aspect ratio.
  19. T

IQ5 rumors

Just released today. "Even at 16-bit output, the sensor promises to record 247-megapixel photos at 5.3 frames per second." Not quite fast enough for no rolling shutter issues but certainly an improvement.