The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Thoughts on the Hasselblad 907X

My camera + lenses are worthy more than my car .... who is being nutty!
  2. D

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

As I recall Fuji solves this exact issue by allowing a menu choice in ISO settings of a range with a minimum/maximum. One of the few places a menu dive is required. Elegant way around the below issue Dave
  3. D

What will happen to the content?

I'd be willing to pay too. Signal to noise rato is very good here. Dave
  4. D

whats with the Dante stuff?

Unlike pro's, I don't have to justify my camera gear on ROI. It's all toys. Just got to get the kids out of Uni, then I'm really off to the races! ( Still no Corvette, Motorcycle or Boat though ) Dave
  5. D

whats with the Dante stuff?

Abandon hope.... I'm on my THIRD medium format system. Mamiya, Phase One, and now Fuji. All hope of ever returning to full frame with out feeling shorted in some way or another is impossible. I will bend what ever way necessary to justify my perception. The sad reality is that medium...
  6. D

Fuji GFX-50R Bundle Deals

Was there a siren in Dante's inferno .... I could not resist, the combination of a consulting job, the 50R, and the lens sale .... just too many signs from the medium format gods. 50R, 45/32-64. The Q may be on the block. Will be posting some images when the equipment arrives. Hopefully...
  7. D

Medium Format-Changed Everything.

Lets see ..... the path: Oly EM-10 Nikon D50--> D80--> D300 Epson RD-1 Then some film Voigtlander R, Leica M6, Fuji 645 ZA, Bronica RF, Speed Graphic, Alpenhouse custom 4X5 on a Polaroid body Mamiya ZD ... Phase on P30+ on a DF Ran out of time to shoot in the studio and sold off the MF...
  8. D

Fuji XT2 with original warranty! $1249

PM sent. Dave
  9. D

Fun with the Leica Q

Its been a while ... [ Son Home from Camp The Back Garden of the House Holiday in Fr Some graffiti A WWII installation Fort de Capucins Presqu'ile de Crozon
  10. D

Fun with the Leica Q

Looking for a handout?
  11. D

Thoughts on Leica Q

Q is my always out on the mantle daily shooter. 28 with the ability to crop is great. Smoking fast auto focus, and exceptional ergonomics. Sure there is a red dot tax, but it has replaced my Fuji system as the go-to camera of record. Studio, no, lacrosse, no. Pretty much every thing else...
  12. D

Fun with the Leica Q

the decisive moment with the Q This is the camera that sits out everyday to capture what is going in in and around the house.... This is the decisive moment at the pool! Very modest post processing ISO 400 1/500S
  13. D

Fun with the Leica Q

The next set with the Q Studying Teenager = impossible to keep cereal in the house ... very poor light ISO 6400, bad JPEG compression too. Probably not going there again. Wife
  14. D

Fun with the Leica Q

Three from my new to me Leica Q ... It's a beast at lowlight events. Out today for more!
  15. D

Another "Is medium format worth it " article

Because one stinks and the other smells. ;) Dave
  16. D

FS: MINT Leica Q

Not trying to be the forum police, but photos would help your sale! Dave
  17. D

A few questions about MF digital

I'm not going try to answer your direct question, but for me, when I was shooting in the Studio, and had the time, there was NO substitute for the MF digital backs. Shot some 4X5 film, 645 Film, and a whole bunch of Nikon D300. When making the decision between a D3X and a Mamiya ZD, the ZD was...
  18. D

Hasselblad X1D

I've been all over the photographic spectrum, hands down, bar none, when you want TONALITY, and DOF control, medium format is unparalleled. Yes, it is unquestionably worth the money the first time you see a really big file in capture one. That translates to prints. To actually get this...
  19. D

some wishes for the A9

A good F4 24 70 ..... a 5.6 300mm Lack of native lenses are keeping me out for the moment ... Love to body style. Dave
  20. D

The muse has been out

Dear all; The muse has been out for a while. Still going through the motions, did the yearly "garden in bloom shots" All the Scout events .... Swim team .... But without the same passion. Ever dealt with this photographically, if so, how did you get out of da'Funk? dave