The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

The muse has been out

Dear all; The muse has been out for a while. Still going through the motions, did the yearly "garden in bloom shots" All the Scout events .... Swim team .... But without the same passion. Ever dealt with this photographically, if so, how did you get out of da'Funk? dave
  2. D

NSFW ... Bella Fuji X-Pro ...

18-55 35 ( I think ) 18 It's a bit sad, but I've only been able to shoot group shoots lately, can't set strobes, can't really pose model, but better than not shooting! All shot 1/60, more or less wide open, auto ISO, 1600 upper limit ( although, most were 400 or 800 ) Raw, LR4 as...
  3. D

Fuji 60mm Macro $460 shipped/PP

Pretty straight forward .... Got the zooms, love the 18 and 35 60 must go! No scratches, fungus, etc .... I've used the lens, so it will clearly have some marks if you examine very closely. $460 shipped to lower 48 US with a regular paypal. If you want to be friendly, I would be happy to...
  4. D

asking a crack addict if I should get another rock

I've had a phase one P30+, sold it off. My OM-D makes a great portable system, the RX100 matches nicely when I don't want to carry a big camera. For lack of an AA filter, I went to the Fuji Pro 1, and it really does deliver on IQ, but it's a bit quirky. When I sold off the D300, I kept the...
  5. D

will the RX100 really change the way I shoot

Dear All; Due to lack of time, the P30+ and kit was sold off Due to a weak back, the Nikon D300 was replaced with an OM-D plus a lens assortment. It's WAY lighter without significant loss in image quality. So, I have a few shekels in the camera fund. Looking at it from a somewhat objective...
  6. D

WTB Phase One P30+ ( or equalivant) back cap

Some where along the way the back cap for my Phase one P30+ went walk-about. Looking either to find it or buy one. Light is better over here, but not holding out too much hope for finding it. Perhaps someone has a spare that they would be willing to sell. Please contact me by PM or djonesii...
  7. D

Panasonic 20mm $320

Up for sale is a great little Panasonic 20mm. $320 shipped/paypal included (USPS shipping) Will ship to Europe/Asia at cost. Box, pouch, caps, lens. Very good shape, not a shelf queen, but shows very little signs of use. Looked pretty close, and could not see any cleaning marks or dust, but...
  8. D

P30+ AFD-II 80mm + all the stuff

Dear forum; For a suite of personal reasons, I'm looking to get out of MFDB. So, I'm sending out a feeler to see if there is any interest in a: P30+ still under warranty for two weeks, to May 15 or so. I have checked with my dealer, who happens to be a sponsor here, and the warranty moves...
  9. D

Mamiya 50 shift on AFD w/ P30+

Dear all; At the DV workshop, using the tech cameras was great. That said, even in the MFDB world, moving from a P30+ to an IQ160 + tech cam is a big lump sum ... As I was talking with all the very clever tech people there, I got the impression that the P30+ would support the level of shift...
  10. D

Mamiya Auto Bellows

I have been starting to look into macro with a MFDB ... There are a few sites out there on the web that show a slew of Rube Goldberg ways to get microscope objectives onto DSLR, and then move them around for focus stacking. That seems a bit complicated as a first go, so I'm going to stick...
  11. D

Mamiya 80mm macro with Spacer

Dear all; Was out surfing on company time, and ran into an 80m F4 mamiya macro with space on KEH for a price that I just could not pass up. I have shot a few flowers with both the 80mm and the 150mm, and close focus has always been a bit of an issue ..... So, I got the 80mm macro ..... Any...
  12. D

NSFW Fine art Nudes and Lingerie with G3 NSFW

Dear all; Got the G3 to the studio .... Not even close to the P30+, but hey what is? The rest http://www.private.jonesii.net/2011%2009%2005%20Mars%20G3/index.html Amy The rest http://www.private.jonesii.net/2011%2008%2031%20Amy%20figure%20work%20G3/index.html Please do be adult ...
  13. D

FS Nikon D7000 18-200VRI Tamron 28-75 2.8

Dear all; FS is a like new D7000, with box, papers, battery, charger, etc ... Due to unfortunate circumstances, my D300 needed to go to the shop, to get me by in the stop gap, and get a rebate on a 24-70, I got the D7000. I shot the two side by side for a while, and now it's time for the D7000...
  14. D

what is the lowest spec macbook to tether a P30+

Dear Forum; I tried to tether my P30+ to my old desktop with XP, and just could not get it seen by the firewire port. After much reading, it seems that there is little need to fight the tide! So, what is the lowest spec MacBook that I can use to tether a P30+ ... I seems that there are a...
  15. D

Its not about the case ....

When I have to sign a P.O. for something, it totally raises my expectations of the total user experience. I expect more from something that requires that I have a dealer relationship to effectively use and purchase than something that I research and buy from the cheapest commodity supplier. (...
  16. D

FS: mamiya 55-110 zoom $400 US

For sale is a mamiya 55-110 zoom lens. Front and rear caps, no hood. With my new crop factor back, 55 is just not wide enough, need to fund the 35mm! The lens was bought BGN KEH, and remains that way. There are two small scratches on the front element. I have never seen them effect images...
  17. D

diffirent MFDB or Sony

Dear all; I'm faced with issues about my ZD back, great image quality at low ISO, but with a few operational issues. I shoot mainly fine art nudes in a studio setting. Some glamor, and if I need to go outside, I use my D300. The ZD issues .... 1) Top real ISO is 100, 200 in a pinch with...
  18. D

35 or 45mm for wide angle

Dear all; I was at a shoot recently, and the 55mm was not wide enough. I have a bit of experience with 20mm on micro 4/3rd, and 12-24 on aps C, the filed of view will be different, but the way a lens distorts will still be the same ( I think ). So, with my 20mm in u4/3rds, its really easy...
  19. D

Mamiya AFDII + ZD back single buffer

Dear all; I have now done three studio shoots with this back/body combination. None of them have been tethered, but, I now have that set up on PC at home, and if I can find the right cart/stand, I will bring that kit to the next shoot. I believe that with the small screen on the back, that...
  20. D

all hope has been abandoned ...

Dear forum guys/gals .... I should have lashed myself to the mast. After a great deal of reading, waiting, and general dithering about, I am now the proud owner of a Mamiya AFDII with a ZD back. After only a few shots, its clear that everyone was spot on in their posts, it's way not a...