The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

C1 Black Friday – anyone moved to subscription yet?

Indeed, there is no 'renew'. However CaptureOne seems to offer a 40% discount if you'll upgrade within 12 months and a 20% discount if you'll upgrade within 24 months. However, no in-between upgrades if you're on perpetual license, only bug fixes. They make the perpetual licensing model very...
  2. J

C1 Black Friday – anyone moved to subscription yet?

I’ve chosen again for a perpetual license. Still pretty expensive on a 40% discount. I like the flexibility to renew when it suits me and don’t like the idea of having no operational software release after ending a subscription. cheers, Jaapd.
  3. J

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

A real stunning image! If it were me I'd crop off the lower section of the image with the dark wall. It distracts more than it adds if I may say so. But that's just my own personal preference, and we're not in the 'image review' section of this forum, right? ;) Cheers, JaapD.
  4. J

EVFs and digital backs

You're joking, right? Unfortunately you're not ;) Let me guide you where the money should come from. The sales price of a IQ4 150 consists of roughly 3 items being Bill of Material + labor + huuuge profit. The last one is tied to 'niche product' and should be the source of the budget for...
  5. J

PhaseOne actuation

As already mentioned by Jeff there are no moving parts. 3 Million is nothing. Think for a moment of a (Broadcast) video camera, taking 50/60 frames a second while being operational hour after hour. Such video camera exceeds the 3 million mark already after 14-17 operational hours. @ Nico: happy...
  6. J

EVFs and digital backs

Not unimportant imho, the IQ4 3.2” panel has a resolution of only 2.36 Mdots while Fuji’s GFX100 II EVF has a resolution of 9.44 Mdots. From experience it’s so much more easy to distinguish critical sharpness from a high resolution EVF. Yes, I'm aware we have focusing aid tools ;) Cheers, JaapD.
  7. J

The great tripod & head thread!

Apply some central heating system tube isolation around one of the legs? Cheers, JaapD.
  8. J

GFX100-ii memory card confusion

Indeed, like Hasselblad did. A 1TB SSD controller and memory chip directly on the circuit board would cost almost nothing, although the marketing machine will let us pay for it! Profit stays at the camera manufacturer and does not flow outside to the card manufacturer. A win-win situation if you...
  9. J

comparision between Digaron-W 50 mm, Grandagon 65 mm, Biogon 53 mm

Thanks for sharing. The 50mm-4.jpg doesn't look like a high MP image. Can you tell us what the original image size is of which you've made the detail images out? Thank you! Cheers, JaapD.
  10. J

Mac Sonoma

Hi Bill, I can confirm that the latest release of C1 works flawlessly on Sonoma. Cheers, JaapD.
  11. J

Mac Mini or Studio ?

It depends highly on what software you use to edit those scans. On Youtube you can find relevant insights on performance differences Mac Mini vs Mac Studio with specific software. Look for 'Artisright', then for 'Mac mini M2 PRO vs M2 vs M1 vs Mac Studio'. Cheers, JaapD
  12. J

Hasselblad xcd 55v lens

I wish that was true, then we could all take sharp images at f/32. My version of your statement would sound "The longer the distance from the focal plane, the better the sharpness with closed aperture, until diffraction kicks in" Diffraction is about the circle of confusion as projected of the...
  13. J

Hasselblad xcd 55v lens

You certainly have a valid point there. However, going from f/5.6 to f/11 you’ll roughly loose 33% MTF due to diffraction. With f/16 you’ll go to 50%. Then what is the point of using such a high resolution 100MPix camera in the first place? You could achieve similar results with let’s say a...
  14. J

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

Thanks for posting this great piece of history. I think this camera inspired Fuji many years later to design their GX680 camera. chears, JaapD.
  15. J

Is it only me?

In theory the X-Trans sensor should give an advantage in the greens. This sensor has 2x2 green pixels neighboring each other, resulting in a higher MTF than with conventional Bayer sensors. A sharp lens and a good RAW converter such as C1 is a must. For my landscape images I happily use my...
  16. J

Protection glass for GFX 100S

Like Paul I can also recommend the Kinokoo screen protector, saved me from an otherwise expensive repair. It's easy to attach, comes with cleaning stuff, no bubbles between screen and protector. No negative side effects w.r.t. the 'touch' functionality. I didn't use the top protector though...
  17. J

Fujifilm 8mm f3.5

That’s interesting. The Fuji 8-16mm has dimensions of 88 x 121.5 mm and weighs 805g while the 150-600 has dimensions of 99mm × 314.5 mm and weighs 1605g. I know which one I’d like to carry around 😉 Apples and oranges of course so don’t take this too seriously….. Cheers, JaapD.
  18. J

Hasselblad X1D teardown - doesn't look very neat compared against Sony

Looking at the printed circuit board with its low level of integration density and truckload of analogue parts it looks like we’re going back in time for 15-20 years. Besides this the board looks like a prototype, not fit for commercial use. Some electronic experts here in this post have similar...
  19. J

CaptureOne Session folder compatibility Win-Mac

Can someone please enlighten me on this one: Is the CaptureOne Session folder structure, including the main DB and all its COF, COP, and COS files, compatible between Windows and Mac? In other words, If I move from Win to Mac, will I be able to take my on the Win built content with me to the Mac...
  20. J

XT-5 Sounds right

I understand. To me the EVF resolution is something that pleases the eye but does not contribute to the picture quality in the end. Regarding XT5 vs X-H2, I’m a big fan of all those separate buttons and wheels but taking the camera out of my bag resulted in numerous occasions of buttons being...