The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

First experience with AFr (focus recompose) for Phase One XF

I updated the firmware to feature #4 today, ran the new focus calibration which ended up at the same setting I had previously for the 80mm blue ring lens. It feels as if the automatic calibration is simply a tool to make sure everything is set up correctly to calibrate your lens, i.e. correct...
  2. D

XF firmware update #4: Focus and recompose with the XF, finally!

I'm in heaven (figuratively...), this is what I've been waiting for: "Autofocus and Recompose - The Autofocus and Recompose mode enables the photographer to focus on a subject and recompose the frame while retaining the desired focus point. Zoom to Focus - In connection with the new Autofocus...
  3. D

Tips on a smaller printer

I'm looking for a printer that has a rather small footprint size, although it should be able to print to about A4 in size, or 8.3 x 11.7 in. I need it to be very color accurate as I wish to use it as proofing my shots and/or showing it to a client during a shoot. I would appreciate if anyone...
  4. D

Observations of the Phase XF autofocus

I'm curious what other users have observed regarding the autofocus on the XF when shooting people. So I'll begin sharing my experience: First off, spot focus or average focus. In my testing spot focus wins hands down. Average does not give me a good hit rate when I go short DoF. So in essence...
  5. D

P1 webinar on Blue Ring lenses - "Advanced XF communications for future tools"

P1 webinar on Blue Ring lenses - "Advanced XF communications for future tools" P1 has a webinar up on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYQ_Sy-uzrQ The previous description of blue ring lenses was more metal, better quality control and the ability to fine tune autofocus for...
  6. D

Phase XF shutter speed and shutter lag/delay

Going to do another demo of the Phase One XF this weekend after having about 50% of my shots in focus last time with the autofocus. This time the lenses will be calibrated and a new focus screen will be installed so I can see how large the autofocus points really are. Before the demo I have a...