The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

What SD card sizes do you use?

Hello to all. I am new to mirrorless, and just bought a Sony A7R IV, as a companion camera to my Phase One medium format digital – I shot fashion professionally. My intent is to have a mirrorless high megapixel camera to shoot some fashion scenes that are physically difficult for a larger...
  2. J

Kipon adapter for Mamiya AF / Schneider-Kreuznach lenses

Hello all, I am making this a cross forum post. If this has been asked before, please point me to that posting. Has anyone used the Kipon adaptor for Mamiya AF / Schneider-Kreuznach lens to Sony E mount? I just bought a Sony A7R IV has my replacement 2nd camera system, and want to get lens...
  3. J

Kipon adapter for Mamiya AF / Schneider-Kreuznach lenses

First off, if this has been asked prior, please direct me to it. My primary camera is a Phase One XF, and my other system is (soon to be formerly) a Nikon D3x, but now I just purchased a Sony A&R IV. I just got a MetaBones Nikon to Sony adaptor, but need a Mamiya AF / Schneider-Kreuznach to...
  4. J

Profoto A1 with Phase One XF

This may be a simpleton question; Are there any issues using a Profoto A1, which are TTL dedicated to certain DSLR’s such as Nikon, with the Profoto Air system built into the XF? I ask, because in a recent Phase One YouTube video an XF is triggering an A1. Logical I can kind of understand the...
  5. J

Star tracker recommendations

I have developed an interest in astrophotography, and have started doing a lot of research on methods. Skipping a lot of details, I have a question regarding star trackers. For those of you who use one, which star tracker do you like the best? Now, as always on the forum, I want to qualify my...
  6. J

Backup or alternate camera

While not a MFD question, it is aimed at those of us who use MFD. What non-MFD camera do you use as your backup camera? Typical with my posts, I would like to clarify my question; by backup, I am not referring to an iPhone, or other smart phone, I am referring to DSLR's, Compact and...
  7. J

Lens adapters for Sony A7S

I am new to Sony Alphas, and I have a question about adapters, beyond “which one”. A very long story short, I use two different camera set ups for landscape work, and I want to get an A7S to do Astrophotography, the occasional snap shot image beyond an iPhone, and as an emergency back up camera...
  8. J

P65+ High ISO Experience

Long-story short, I just purchased a used P65+ (doing the house flipping equivalent with Phase One backs, on my way to “IQ-something-full-frame”), and I would like to know where the “useable” ISO stops. By “useable”, I mean low-light landscapes where I would need a 30-second to 1-minute...
  9. J

Image stacking workflow.

Apologies if this has been asked before – if so, please guide me to the appropriate post. I want to start doing landscape image stacking, I use Capture One almost exclusively for post-production (Nik Effects & sharpening in Photoshop), and I have a question about post-production workflow...
  10. J

Astrophotography - time to start an argument over what is "best".

It is a truism that if you as ten "Experts" what is the best solution, you will get 13-answers - and Photograhy is no exception. Of late, I have taken an interest in Astrophotography, and have watched dozens of YouTube videos & read almost as many articles/blogs about what is the "best" set of...
  11. J

Schneider Kreuznach 28mm LS - rear filters

Long-story short... I just got the SK 28mm LS, and it came with the rear filters holder (small thing). I knew that this was one of the options for the LS version, but I have the Lee holders for the none-LS lens I am selling. After a frustrating search (albeit of only 15-minutes), I cannot...
  12. J

In search of the Unicorn...

Several years ago I saw a customized Mamiya 7 with a Phase One digital back mounted on it - a Hassleblad "V" - listed on eBay. Does anyone know who did that customization? Or, are there more wondering about?
  13. J

Phase One battery life

Disclaimer; this might seem as an incredibly dumb question, but here goes. Other than me standing around my camera for 2-hours or so while it works, does anyone have any experience with the battery charge life on the "standard", and new, Phase One battery used with the P45+? By this I mean...
  14. J

Helicon Soft vs. Photoshop for landscape focus stacking

Apologies in advance... Can some one point me to a thread that compares Helicon Soft vs. Photoshop for landscape focus stacking? Or if the thread(s) is not up to date, can I get opinions on which tends to be the "better" method. Thanks, J.D.
  15. J

Phase One 645+, Leaf Shutter Lenses, and Pocket Wizard max flash synch.

Apologies in advance if this has been talked to death, but there are too many strings on the various forums to sort through. So here is my question, as succinctly as possible; I want to start using Leaf Shutter lenses with my Phase One 645+ to take bright day light “people” images using flash...
  16. J

Black calibration on Phase One P45+

Can someone point me to a post, or a link that shows me how to do a "Black Calibration" for my Phase One P45+? I have seen a few references to the process as a "thing", but not how to do it. Thanks, J.D.
  17. J

Luminosity Masking Actions - suggestions

I would assume this question has been asked before, so if there is a thread with this information, please guide me to it. After having spent the past 10-years plus hiring post-processing / retouchers to do all my digital processing, I have started to do it on my own. I am now at the point...
  18. J

Interested in starting Astrophotography

My apologies in advance, as I assume this has been asked before. I am interested in starting Astrophotography because with each of the landscape tours I have scheduled for 2017, there will be time for astrophotography. And therefore I would like to ask for advice on gear. Now, unfortunately...
  19. J

Technical Camera use in landscape photography

This might seem like a simpleton question, or asked already, but here goes. I am fully aware of why & how you would use a true technical camera for architectural photography, but I am wondering about it’s uses in landscape. Now, before quick responses, I have seen a few YouTube videos showing...