The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. buildbot

Hasselblad 24mm (or 25mm) f2.5V and 135mm f2.5V

This is really interesting, thanks for educating us!
  2. buildbot

Fungus in my sensor

Yep! It's a bit of pain to always have filters, but worth it IMO.
  3. buildbot

Fungus in my sensor

Yay, glad they can help! Half the cost of Phase One (~?), not bad! The shipping you could save on if you get your own insurance, their price for that is a bit high haha. Could convert it to full spectrum too!
  4. buildbot

WTB: Digital Back in AFI/HY6 Mount

Excellent, thank you. Hopefully I can get my camera back from Key Camera to try this person, they seem very competent (swapping in new chips is not easy!).
  5. buildbot

Extreme emphasis on this. I tried to call key camera today, line was busy. Sent them an email. Are they still in business even? I miss my Hy6 and 6060 back... The Leaf AFi/Hy6 system was the first medium format system I got into, but sadly the current ownership really sucks. Perhaps there are...
  6. buildbot

Maybe, I had/have a hybrid Mod 2/1 that works with all backs. Typical Mod2s don't work with Sinar due to licensing is what I heard? You can clean up the stickiness via baking powder, it will polish off the rubber coating and leave the underlying plastic looking great.
  7. buildbot

Fungus in my sensor

It looks like the IR filter to me, not the sensor. I don't really know why bayer filters & monochrome conversion where brought into this. Fungus on the IR filter is not uncommon and looks exactly like this, and yeah it can etch the glass so cleaning does not help. You lose the IR cutoff, and...
  8. buildbot

Fungus in my sensor

No, they are pretty unrelated things from what I understand. These people do that conversion: https://maxmax.com/maincamerapage/monochrome-cameras IDK if they'd do a digital back.
  9. buildbot

Fungus in my sensor

On a sensor, yeah I would be surprised to see fungus. I suppose it’s possible though? I know corrosion was a thing with Leica CCDs, I thought that was also cover glass related just that it’s fused to the sensor? I could be wrong!
  10. buildbot

Fungus in my sensor

Haha I understand that. I keep everything in humidity cabinets because I lost my 120mm MF macro to fungus :/
  11. buildbot

Fungus in my sensor

I think the issue is with the IR filter in front of the CCD, not the CCD itself having residual fungus. And yeah, basically, from what I've seen they literally scrape the microlenses/bayer filter off. Silicon being harder to scratch, the underlying sensor is supposed to be "fine".
  12. buildbot

Fungus in my sensor

You can try reaching out to kolari vision - https://kolarivision.com/ - they were able to help me a few times get new cover glass swapped onto a digital back. I wouldn't use it if Phase One will service it and you can afford the 1K price from them, but kolari is perfect for older, less valuable...
  13. buildbot

Lens cap query makers and suppliers wanted

Yes! You can get them directly from CI - https://digitalback.com/products/schneider-lens-caps
  14. buildbot

ALPA FPS question?

I'd be happy to pay like 2k for one wow.
  15. buildbot

A macro lens for the view camera

Isn't the Nikon 120 AM-ED supposed to be quite good? https://robert-otoole-4zae.squarespace.com/nikkor-am-ed-120-test
  16. buildbot

Remounting lens in Copal

That’s pretty clever in my opinion!
  17. buildbot

The XCD 90V isn't just Hasselblad's finest lens – it could be the finest lens we've ever tested

A possible non-evil reason is they are really exacting about QC on this new lens thus slow to make?
  18. buildbot

Medium Format Pets

Aww, Joe and Jesse have such great expressions :love: I like the black & white conversion too, it has sort of an ethereal look about it to me!
  19. buildbot

He lied directly to me about fixing my camera. According to Paepke & Eric Hiss, Rolf blacklisted my serial and refused to fix it. If I was in Germany/the EU, I'd absolutly pursue legal recourse, but being across the ocean makes that tricky.
  20. buildbot

New Sony sensor in Blackmagic Cine: 100 megapixel in 35mm full-frame; P1, Leica, Fuji next?

Blackmagic probably sells 10x these cameras than Phase Does backs, so it makes sense for them to engineer a custom sensor just for themselves. I doubt anyone else will get this version even if Sony makes it. There are actually a lot of smaller sensor manufacturers, TowerJazz, OnSemi, Dalsa...