The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. buildbot

Medium Format Pets

Anyone down for a cuteness focused thread? Centered around our furry friends and overkill sensor sizes? Rosie, her first days! She lived in a cone for 6 months. H3D-39 @ ISO 800, 50-110mm @ 1/60th & F4. Thus the noise! Now, 5 years later: Cone free and ready to cause chaos! GFX100s @ ISO 100...
  2. buildbot

Petapixel: Phase One XC Review: A Camera in Search of a Photographer

Looks like petapixel got an XC for a review! (Phase sent then one?! Surprising in of itself!) https://petapixel.com/2023/12/02/phase-one-xc-review-a-camera-in-search-of-a-photographer/ Spoiler: They don’t like it too much :/
  3. buildbot

Global Sensor in Sony a9 iiii!!!

Looks like global shutters are here for us photographers, finally! https://petapixel.com/2023/11/07/sony-announces-a9-iii-worlds-first-global-sensor-full-frame-camera/ Interesting it is 24mp - that’s a much larger pixel size than the phase one ixr-120GSM - 6.0um vs 3.45um. So a new sensor...
  4. buildbot

Megavision 120mm f/4.5 Macro UV-IR Apochromat

I was randomly looking a the megavison website, and came across this very intriguing lens: 120mm, UV to IR corrected (!!), and pretty good test charts if I understand them correctly: Anyone know who made this lens? I assume MegaVision didn't design the entire thing by themselves?
  5. buildbot

AFr with silver ring 80mm LS?

Short version: AFr seems to work in my 80mm LS + XF/IQ3 setup. Long version: I recently scored a massive deal on a blue ring 120mmLS, and was playing around with AFr. Allegedly it was broken? I figured I was a firmware issue on the sellers side, so I updated my XF it to 5.005 or whatever the...
  6. buildbot

IMX411 in a Pixel Shift Camera

I was wandering around, and found that someone actually sells an IMX411 (IQ4 150 sensor) in a machine vision camera with up to 9x pixel shift! 1359MP images...
  7. buildbot

WTB: Sinar M and P3 gear

I recently acquired a sinar M for …reasons (fun!) I have the nikon F mirror module on the way, but am looking for any accessories members here may be willing to part with. I am also specifically looking for: Sinar AF mirror module (493.64.000) I love the sinar code system. Final fun fact...
  8. buildbot

Phase One IQ4 Linux Source Code

Linux is licensed with GPL v2, which unless I am mistaken, requires that source code and utilities to build a fully valid image be made available upon request. Has anyone tried to contact Phase One for the source code? edit - "If this source code is already publicly available, you are obliged...
  9. buildbot

Colorizing Infrared Achromatic Images with AI

Something I have been wondering about for a bit is if you can get a decent color image from an achromatic back using AI to colorize the photo. Photoshop recently added a colorize neural filter, and there are also some decent approaches on github, which I tried here: It actually worked pretty...
  10. buildbot

Mamiya ZD: A True Medium Format DSLR

During the pandemic I picked up a Mamiya Zd, it has quickly become one of my favorite cameras. I wrote a short review of it, if anyone here is interested! https://blog.maxg.io/mamiya-zd-a-true-medium-format-dslr-reviewed/
  11. buildbot

New 120MP Phase One Global Shutter Industrial Cam

Thought this was neat: https://geospatial.phaseone.com/cameras/ixm-gs120/ 120MP 44x33mm sensor with a global shutter!
  12. buildbot

Alpa Silex vs Silex MK II

Thinking about getting an alpha silex - wondering what the difference is between the two versions. Can both control Rollei lenses?
  13. buildbot

Sinarback S 30|45

Has anyone used/seen one of these? Do they actually exist? Looking into all DBs that can swap mounts :)
  14. buildbot

WTB: Mamiya YD301 IR Photo Filter for Mamiya ZD

I only learned of their existence today, I have never seen one for sale: Just is case someone has one, I'm looking for it! Better than trying to make my own, as the filter is actually a strange stack of two pieces of glass.
  15. buildbot

Emotion22 on Phase One XF

Hi everyone! My Mamiya AF body that I used with my emotion22 ate its shutter on a recent trip. While I look for a donor body for a new shutter/a new film back compatible body, I was wondering if there's any reason I shouldn't try mounting the emotion22 on my XF. Does anyone know if that would...
  16. buildbot

Any photographers out there using Phase One Industrial gear?

Steve has noted several times that phase one’s industrial business is growing fast, which is awesome! They have basically a mirrorless BSI camera in the IXM line of backs, and many other interesting offerings. Anyone use these/have any stories or shots to share?
  17. buildbot

Lightroom Mobile and IQ3 100 Achromatic RAWs

Does anyone know a trick to get iOS Lightroom to enable raw IIQ B&W files from an achromatic back? For some reason it understands that IQ160 IIQ files are RAW/can read and process them, but for the B&W images it only sees the embedded tiff thumbnail. I don't think my DB is taking 640x480...
  18. buildbot

Ixu 150 repair worth it?

I recently picked up a broken IXU 150, mostly out of curiosity (how many people really get to look inside these things?!). I contacted phase one to see what a repair might cost - they told me at least 4500 USD. This was actually somewhat less than I expected, which got me thinking it might be...
  19. buildbot

[found!] WTB Sinar 54m OR emotion22 hy6 adapter plate

Looking for either/both of these adapter plates! edit- found an emotion one, if you have one for a 54m let me know anyway!
  20. buildbot

Issues with DW Photo + HY6 mod2 upgrade

This is a little awkward, but has anyone had issues with DW photo before? I sent a leaf afi off to DW photo at the beginning of March, and paid around 4K usd for the mod2 upgrade plus a 6060 demo back. The upgrade was supposed to only take a week, but every other week I ping Hans for an update...