The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. E

Support for the Hasselblad X series in Capture One

I have been a X1D user since version 1 and despite the fact that Capture One Pro doesn't support the camera, I have used the C1 software using a hack (converting the raw files to DNGs via Phocus + using the exif editor to omit the last "d" from the world Hasselblad!) Obviously I don't get any...
  2. E

Hasselblad XCD 135 2.8

I just wrote a few thoughts with some images from my experience with the XCD 135 f2.8 Hasselblad has delivered an other outstanding lens!! Hope you like it (and sorry for my English :cry:) https://spark.adobe.com/page/pPcb8wlUdfMG1/ Cheers Ettore
  3. E

Hasselblad XCD 80mm f1.9

For those interested I have put together a little photo page about my experienced so far with the Hasselblad XCD 80mm f1.9. Hasselblad has delivered an other outstanding tool for photographers :clap...
  4. E

My experience with the Hasselblad X1D

Hi everyone Here several photos and some thoughts (apologies for my English!) about my 17 months with the X1D Hope you enjoy Ettore https://spark.adobe.com/page/PfMTAKLEnN5iU/?fbclid=IwAR3JGpqyopp-UZj2V49S6qrSsPaHHZ7E_w8IQ_ixuIAUf4jxqzfsboVa3kk
  5. E

Selling Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L version II

A great lens, very little used, in perfect condition only for US $1350 Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] Thanks Ettore
  6. E

Selling both Zeiss Otus 55mm and 85mm for EOS mount

Carl Zeiss 55mm 1.4 Otus ZE for US $2550 Carl Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 ZE for US3050 both lenses work perfectly and only show minor sign of cosmetic wear Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] Cheers Ettore
  7. E

X1D with Outs Lenses (via Cambo adapter)

Yesterday I got the Cambo adaptor to use EOS lenses on the X1D Here are some snapshot took around the house, all spontaneous pics using both the 55mm and 85mm Otus at 1.4 handhold, but I am planning to try other aperture and also other EOS lenses I got with me General impression: -both lenses...
  8. E

Fast prime for the Hasselblad X1D: please I need an advice

I really miss having a fast prime on my X1D, both for lowlight photography and especially to get shallower depth of field when shooting portrait Currently I only see two solutions : Buying a used HC 100mm 2.2 (I already have the H-X adapter) or getting the Cambo Ca-XCD and using my Otus...
  9. E

X1D Firmware 1.17: Great.. but not enough!!

I just downloaded the firmware 1.17 and I noticed a tangible improvement concerning the general stability and also the AF accuracy with the 90mm I was hoping to get the option for smaller AF points, the live histogram, minimum shutter speed and the image review in viewfinder ...but I guess...
  10. E

Truly in love with the X1D !!!!

Had a walk with my wife in the woods here in Connecticut Took some handholding shots and I must say that the quality of the files are incredible!!! My IQ reference are the Canon 5DsR with the two Outs lenses (55 +85) and the Pentax 645z (with 55mm,75, 150mm) In my humble opinion the X1D IQ is...
  11. E

Really Right Stuff L Plate for the X1D: Please advice

I have to buy an L plate for my X1D and I am thinking to get the one from Really Right Stuff I just saw a review which imply that the plate could scratch the aluminum surface of the camera :bugeyes::bugeyes: Any feedback ? Many thanks Ettore
  12. E

X1D issue with viewfinder, please help!!!!!!

I recently received this amazing camera but I am sad to report that suddenly out of the blue the image in the viewfinder appears to be unclear and blurry!!:angry: I thought that it was the diopter and I tried to adjust it with the dial but nothing changed :scry::scry::scry::scry: The camera...
  13. E

Capture One: Image Quality of unsupported DNG in C1 vs Lightroom

As you may know, in a recent post I expressed my difficult situation being a long time user of Capture One and waiting for the Hasselblad X1D to arrive. I said that although I respect Phase One position with their policy of not supporting and profiling camera raws from competitive brands, I am...
  14. E

Phase One forum: Not the right way to behave

I have posted on the Phase One forum this very same topic Capture One 10 & Hasselblad DNG: Controversy and Solution As you can see there is abslolutely nothing offensive, I clearly express how much i like the software.. and that although i respect their decision not to support other MF cameras...
  15. E

Capture One 10 & Hasselblad DNG: Controversy and Solution

I have been a Capture One user since version 3.7 :toocool: Despite I know extremely well Aperture 3 and all itinerations of Lightroom, I still regard this software as the very best in the market!! I am anxiously waiting for my Hasselblad X1D to arrive but meanwhile I would like to share my...
  16. E

X1D Features request updates

I wrote to Hasselblad product manager Ove Bengtsson with a few questions about possible improvement of the camera via Firmware updates and here is what I have learned: -Live Histogram Will come in a future firmware release - The ability to change the size of the AF points Will come in a future...
  17. E

Where is the X1D ????

I placed an order on the 4116 edition of the X1D as soon came up at Adorama and in their website it says that the camera will ship from Sweden on October 25th On B&H Photo it appears shipping on December 1st!! I have checked several interviews with Hasselblad rep. done at Photokina and they all...