The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. stevenfr

Webinar: Seeing Landscapes, the creative process - Steven Friedman

I will be doing a webinar Seeing Landscapes The Creative Process next Tuesday March 31st at 1pm Pacific Time. I hope some of you might be interested to listen in. There is no cost, you just have to sign up. Steven https://zoom.us/webinar/register/4615850042665/WN_3_iQ3o2VRpe46AOdJMQn7A
  2. stevenfr

What are your plans during this time of chaos and social distancing?

My plans include the following. How about you? I have decided to do a fine art photography book. 176 pages, hard cover, offset printing UV LED, 80 plates or more. It has been on my to do list for some time. I am just getting quotes from printers. I have designer we use for the layout, work on a...
  3. stevenfr

Steven Friedman Phase One Artist Talk and Canadian Rockies Shoot

I will be giving a Artist Talk March 20th and examples talk March 21st in Canmore Alberta at The Avens Gallery. There will be a show of my large prints. As well, on March 22nd with B3K Digital and Phase One there will be a shoot in the Canadian Rockies with Phase One’s latest gear. One can...
  4. stevenfr

Steven Friedman Phase One Artist Talk and California Coastal Shoot in San Francisco

I will be giving a Artist Talk and a Coastal Shoot in San Francisco February 5th and 6th with Bear Images at 196 Mississippi Street. The coastal shoot is on Feb 5th at 7:30 AM, and the talk is in the 6th at 1PM. To RSVP contact Bear Images at [email protected] Hopefully, I will get to meet...
  5. stevenfr

Steven Friedman talk at Phase One Stand Out Event Vancouver, October 29 2019

I will be giving a talk in Vancouver at the Stand Out Event at October 29th 12pm to 6:30 PM at Stage 6 65 East 6th Ave Vancouver. Hopefully, I will get to meet some of you at the talk. Link below and info on my talk. Seeing Landscapes: The Creative Process Techniques and concepts to develop...
  6. stevenfr

Phase One XT 23mm Rodenstock

I had an opportunity to shoot the XT yesterday with the 23mm lens. Attached a few of the grab shots from the shoot.
  7. stevenfr

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians on the forum. Enjoy the Turkey. This image is from just outside of Ottawa in the Gatineau Park. Steven
  8. stevenfr

Steven Friedman Phase One Artist Talk at The Museum of Flight, Seattle

I will be doing a artist talk at the Museum of Flight in Seattle on June 13th from 3-5 pm. I will discuss my most recent work and the inspiration behind the images. I will also give insight on my experience with the Phase One XF IQ4 150MP. I hope to see some of you at this event. Steven...
  9. stevenfr

Phase One XF IQ4 150 megapixel camera system prototype field test

Last week Tim Wolcott and I had an opportunity to test the Phase One XF IQ4 150 megapixel camera system prototype. We were shooting with it in the Smoky Mountains for a couple of hours. I wanted to provide to you a list of features and enhancements to the IQ4 150 back that I felt were...
  10. stevenfr

Steven Friedman New Website

I have redone my website with numerous new features, which I hope will make it easier for clients to find images. I have over a 1000 images captured using a Horseman 617 and medium format digital. It was a bit of work to get the files ready for the new site. As well, the images are now...
  11. stevenfr

Steven Friedman Exhibition and Phase One Artist Talk in Canmore, Alberta, Canada

I will be having a show in Canmore, Alberta at The Avens Gallery with large scale prints for sale. Opening reception will be on March 23rd 6 - 9 pm, with a Artist Talk - Inspiration for creating the images, with emphasis on new work at 7pm. As well, on March 24th 1-4pm. I will be doing a...
  12. stevenfr

Steven Friedman Phase One Blog Post

Have a look this just went live today. Let me know if you have any thoughts. Thanks Steven https://stories.phaseone.com/steven-friedman-shoots-intriguing-landscapes/
  13. stevenfr

Steven Friedman Artist Talk and Show in New Hampshire

I will be doing a show and talk next Saturday Dec 2nd in Dover New Hampshire at Camera Commons. For those that might be interested I have attached a link to the talk and a list of images in the show. David Speltz will also be showing 15 prints at 36" x 48" from China in Black and White. My...
  14. stevenfr

Steven Friedman Artist Talk NY Nov 16th

I will be in NY to conduct a artist talk on Nov 16th 5:30- 8:30. Hopefully, I will get to meet some of you at this event.Info below. https://digitaltransitions.com/events-training/event-name-inspiration-behind-images-steven-friedman-panel/
  15. stevenfr

Steven Friedman Artist Talk Washington DC Nov 14

I will be doing an artist talk in Washington DC at the Stand Out Photo Forum on Nov 14th. Hopefully, I will get to meet some of the people on the forum at this event. Hopefully, it is ok to post this event. Attached info on my talk and link to the event Steven will discuss his most recent work...
  16. stevenfr

Steven Friedman show in Edmonton

I have attached some images of my show in Edmonton, Alberta at the Lando Gallery. The show is on until the end of the month. I hope you enjoy these images. Steven
  17. stevenfr

Outdoor Photography Canada - Fall/Winter Cover and Article

I hope it is ok to share this news with all of you. I am excited to have my image Under the Rainbow featured on the cover of Outdoor Photography Canada's fall issue. This image was captured using a Phase One XF IQ3 100 camera with the Schneider 110mm lens. As well, I have a 5 page article and...
  18. stevenfr

Steven Friedman, New Exhibition and Phase One Artist Talk, Vancouver, Canada

I will be having a show in Vancouver at Harrison Galleries with 35 large scale prints for sale opening on April 5th. As well, on April 6th I will be doing a Phase One Artist talk Inspiration for creating the Images. As a Phase One photographer, I will give insight on my experience with the XF...