The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

Cambo Ultima questions

Thank you Will! That has been helpful. I have seen a few examples of the ultima available in the used market. The MV does have the advantage of being compact, but as I have an Actus DB II for portability, the Ultima will be cheaper.
  2. A

Cambo Ultima questions

Hi I've been considering a used Cambo Ultima for studio use. There are a few variations. I don't really care about the 45 or 36 variants, as my plan would be to get the Actus XL upgrade kit to allow me to use my actus mounted lenses. I'm hoping somebody could help clarify some things. I see...
  3. A

FS: (UK) Rodenstock HR Digaron W 32mm f/4 in Copal O Shutter

I wish I had the money for this one at hand. I recently bought an RS 70 in pristine condition from Paul outside this forum. Genuine seller.
  4. A

Hasselblad's aversion to red dots

The mamiya lenses had a white bump you could feel and is oriented to the 8 o’clock position when looking into the lens. The Phase lenses don’t have this on the outside. So blue circles go on. And a wide black wrist band is slipped on the focus rings to cover the bright blue ring. And black...
  5. A

Fun with MF images 2024

I missed the bluebells in the woods near me this year. I visited Spoonley Woods over the long weekend. Wild Garlic, I'm told by people wo know a lot more about plants than I do! RS70 f8 IQ4, Cambo Actus, some tilt. Anwar
  6. A

Fun with MF images 2024

Thank you Ed.! These were quick BW conversions in capture 1. I just reduced the blues to bring out some contrast in the sky. I need to experiment in Affinity Photo if I can do the conversion without the halo. A well refined mask may also do the job in C1.
  7. A

Fun with MF images 2024

Malmesbury Abbey - One of Henry VIII's victims. SK35 f11, IQ4, Cambo Actus This was taken at about 7:30 am (well after sunrise now) And this, a couple of hours later, with a little bit of cloud cover. I like them for different reasons! Anwar
  8. A

Hasselblad 500c and Phase One P45 Back - long exposure not working?

Here is an experiment you can try. 1. do not connect the cable to the sync socket on the lens 2. wake the back like you usually do 3. with a paprclip or something similar, short the centre pin in the cable with the outer shell. This should start the exposure on the back, but as the shutter is...
  9. A

Actually, my last sentence is incorrect. The exposure will finish early if the shutter-is-open signal is interrupted, but the reference darkframe will only happen once the user confirms that the shutter has been closed.
  10. A

Actually the back does need a signal from the shutter to stop. The wake up signal is a brief pulse to tell the controller to wake up the sensor. When the shutter opens a switch closes and should remain closed until the shutter closes again. At this point, the controller can start reading the...
  11. A

Fungus in my sensor

You will need to compensate for focus shift when shooting infra red.
  12. A

Mirrors, Viewfinders, Sensors, and Orientation

Which is perhaps why a flat earth with heavenly bodies going around it was the accepted canonical model! On topic ~ Thank you Matt, for taking the time to write this up. I find your lectures thoroughly enjoyable. Do you have a blog? Anwar
  13. A

Fun with MF images 2024

Stacks of fun with medium format. XF, IQ4, 120AF, naked profoto B10
  14. A

Fun with MF images 2024

@f6cvalkyrie The second image is superb!
  15. A

Fun with MF images 2024

I was in Valencia (Spain) last week. Cambo Actus, IQ4, SK35 f11 No tilt or shift.
  16. A

Technical Camera Images

There‘s something about the geometry in this image that really draws me in.
  17. A

Fun with MF images 2024

The most famous cat on getdpi.com!
  18. A

A macro lens for the view camera

I have used a 135 mm Schneider enlarger lens with movements. I‘m away from home so I don’t have the details of the lens.
  19. A

What F-Stop range do you use

I‘m curious about the f1.4 lenses. Assuming the poll is for MF compatible lenses. The widest aperture MF lens I have used is the old Mamiya 80 f1.9.
  20. A

Insurance for digital backs UK which should I use?

Until about 2 years ago, I was with towergate insurance. Their underwriter stopped supporting non-professional photographers. After hunting around I finally ended up with aaduki. This is for an IQ4 150, so the cover exceeded the single item 20K limit almost everybody else had.