The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Small case for 100 x 150mm filter system

I'm looking for a small case that can fit 2 - 3 100 x 150mm filters + holder (Kase system). It should be small enough to toss into a day bag. Any recommendations? Thanks!
  2. D

FS: Leica Apo Macro Elmarit R 100mm f/2.8

I love this lens - it renders beautifully, is incredibly sharp and a joy to use. It almost covers the 44 x 33 sensor, though there is some slight vignetting. I'm moving away from the GFX system (which I adapted it to) and just can't justify holding onto the lens. Lens is in excellent condition...
  3. D

X shutter alternatives in the future?

What are the odds of a third party (Arca, Cambo, Alpa, etc.) developing an X shutter alternative for technical cameras? Currently, if you don't use a Phase back you are relegated to using Copal shutters (if available) or electronic shutter. In asking this question, I realize the answer is likely...
  4. D

Using CFV 100 handheld

For those who have the new CFV 100, does the lack of IBIS limit handheld use? My concern is that the high megapixel sensor is unforgiving and will show the slightest movement.
  5. D

CFV 100 Wake-up cable for Copal 0 lenses

What options are available for a wake-up cable/sync in order to use lenses with Copal 0 lenses with the new CFV 100 back? I believe there's an Alpa option (https://www.alpa.swiss/products/170-800-050-alpa-sync-release-mk-ii) but wanted to know if there are alternatives. David
  6. D

FS: Color Gauge Nano - Xrite configuration

Color Gauge Nanon in Xrite Color Checker Configuration for sale. Perfect for color calibration in macro work. I purchased this a few years ago from Digital Transitions and simply never used it since my extreme macro work slowed down: Here's a link for more information. Asking $220, OBO...
  7. D

Thoughts and questions about a future Hasselblad CFV 100c

All, With the new X2D out,it's not hard to imagine a 907X CFV 100c following. I have an older GFX 50S and am seriously considering moving to Hasselblad for a number of reasons (not important for this thread). I especially love the ergonomics of the 907X CFV and capability of using it as a...
  8. D

Help with infrared photography

Hopefully someone can clear up my confusion. I’d like to experiment with IR photography but don’t want to modify my camera. I’ve read conflicting reports that you can or cannot utilize an 830nm filter on an unmodified camera. How is it possible to use an 830nm filter on a digital camera (in my...
  9. D

GFX100 view camera?

I use the Arca-Swiss Universalis II with my GFX50s with excellent results. I will most likely be moving over to the GFX100 but was curious as to what types of adjustments would need to be made to account for the size difference. I can't envision changes being made to an Universalis or Actus to...
  10. D

Tripod case for Gitzo Systematic series 3

Greetings all, I recently purchased a Gitzo Systematic GT3533S tripod and am curious as to what others utilize as a case. I realize that Gitzo sells their own case for the tripod, but would love to hear if anyone has experience with different brand cases? I'm not looking for anything too heavy...
  11. D

Ring flash for tech camera?

Are there any options for a ring flash on a tech camera? This would be for macro work.
  12. D

Where to purchase Rodenstock APO-Sironar Digital lenses?

I realize that this line of lenses has been discontinued, but are there any vendors that still carry this line of lenses? I'm specifically looking for the 150 mm f/5.6. Thanks, David
  13. D

Experiences with Rodenstock APO Sironar digital 5.6 / 150mm?

I've read that this is quite a lovely lens for general close-up and portraiture but haven't seen many sample images. How does it compare to Schneider's digitar alternative? Unfortunately both are quite hard to find for sale.
  14. D

Question about GFX as a view camera

Greetings all! Just a brief introduction - my name is David, I'm an amateur photographer and mainly shoot botanical macro/extreme macro photography. I've been keeping a close eye on the Fuji GFX as I would like to move into the medium format realm. I very much like the idea of using the GFX as...