The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. FloatingLens

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

In my experience, the 38 Biogon is an extremely potent lens even on digital. But it is difficult to achieve maximum DOF because the plane of what's in focus on digital curves like crazy at f4,5. Stopped down to f11, it gets well-behaved. To me it has a very transparent look. See example below...
  2. FloatingLens

907x 100c - Phocus Mobile 2 - Top Overlay Crops Live View on Ipad

As far as I saw evidence from other members, magenta cast issue is absent/negligible on the 100c.
  3. FloatingLens

Hasselblad 24mm (or 25mm) f2.5V and 135mm f2.5V

Any sample pictures produced with the 25V from forum members yet? I am curious.
  4. FloatingLens

I think the XCD25 makes for a nice replacement of the XCD21 that I revere.
  5. FloatingLens

Not really the same image circle, but it‘s crazy! Also comparing XCD4/45P and CFi 4/50 for example. Brought the 50 with adapter once instead and immediately regretted it.
  6. FloatingLens

Small case for 100 x 150mm filter system

There is a Shimoda filter wrap that I use to protect and carry some essential filters plus holder. I think it’s called Shimoda 150 or so.
  7. FloatingLens

Hasselblad 45p firmware update 1.36 release

Same here. Vaguely related: I would really like to see an update for the 50c bodies at some point. Sometimes when selecting the White Balance, the system completely hangs. Backporting of the translucent frame mask of the 100c would be nice as well.
  8. FloatingLens

Fun with MF images 2024

I no longer have the 28P, but I also did notice some unexpected focus behavior (talking about achieving the best DOF over the entire frame). In my experience focussing in DOF preview helps with accuracy and focus peaking, like Matt said. Also, like with many wide angle lenses I believe it helps...
  9. FloatingLens

xcd 38 experiences, and compared to 30 and 45

I second that. Went the same route.
  10. FloatingLens

That said, I believe the auto-correction profile for the 28P in Phocus 3.8 got a bit better but not perfect with respect to color. Judging from an attempt with an old .fff file and the 3.8 lens correction it’s not completely neutral in my case, meaning still only a Scene calibration can remove...
  11. FloatingLens

Not sure how you perceive it, but the left uncorrected frame exhibits a red shift on the right hand edge. Maybe it is a bit less pronounced than in my sample.
  12. FloatingLens

Hasselblad 500c and Phase One P45 Back - long exposure not working?

Ah sorry, I meant M mode on the compur shutter because that one will NOT have the required sync timing.
  13. FloatingLens

Could it be that you both have the C lens shutter on X mode? (Just a thought if these are not frequently used for electronic flash photography…)
  14. FloatingLens

A proper lens CLA should be between 50-100,- EUR.
  15. FloatingLens

A macro lens for the view camera

I can also confirm that the Makro Symmar HM 5,6/120 is very good on digital with a massive image circle. Using it with the CFV II 50c. Off-center image quality degrades, but my guess is a BSI back might not be affected by smearing and color shifts as much.
  16. FloatingLens

I would send it in. These are components internal to the lens. Cleaning of the sync contacts is standard procedure by my repair shop of choice. With old lenses, there is also sometimes corrosion of the port which can also create trouble.
  17. FloatingLens

To me the symptoms more sound like a problem with the PC sync port of the lens rather than the cable. I believe I had similar (intermittent) problems with one of my lenses. The flash contacts, as far as I know, need regular maintenance - especially for the older shutter types. Do you have...
  18. FloatingLens

Phase One P45 - FireWire repeater to older MacBook Pro USB-C

I tried a similar setup with a Thunderbolt MacBook (TB->FW adapter) such that the back would stay powered even without battery, but I did not manage to do any capture with that setup. I attributed this failed experiment to insufficient power provided by the adapter. Have not tried this, but my...
  19. FloatingLens

Hasselblad XCD 28P

Hold an opaque white plate in front of the lens and overexpose by 2 stops to see the unevenness in color, if any.