The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. markowich

leica wide angles distortion

the leica M 18mm has a horrible pincushion distortion, almost uncorrectable in PP. a while ago i posted an example in the leica forum, which abolutely horrified me (you can find it by a simple search over there, my user name is the same as here). mr. daniel found it normal back then...although i...
  2. markowich

new Fuji X Pro1 camera

Re: new Fuji X Pro1 camera (formerly called "new camera") better than my M18mm, M24Lux. peter
  3. markowich

new Fuji X Pro1 camera

Re: new Fuji X Pro1 camera (formerly called "new camera") the 18mm lens is by no means bad. not too much distortion and rather sharp when you stop down a bit, but i have no serious comparism test. peter
  4. markowich

new Fuji X Pro1 camera

Re: new Fuji X Pro1 camera (formerly called "new camera") well i bother with it mainly because of the weight factor. this overides the cropped sensor for me. the fuji does not have the color-snappy look of the M9 imagesbut it is a matter of taste which color rendering you prefer. peter
  5. markowich

new Fuji X Pro1 camera

Re: new Fuji X Pro1 camera (formerly called "new camera") i have trief MF a couple of times when the autofocus made chices i didn't want. there is a button which gives you 100% zoom-in on live view. worked pretty well. peter ps: still, i shall refrain from using my M lenses on the fuji. too...
  6. markowich

new Fuji X Pro1 camera

Re: new Fuji X Pro1 camera (formerly called "new camera") peter, i need to comment on this. you know me and have seen me with big cameras in my hand and loving them and their feel. but since i picked up the fuji last week in japan i have changed my mind-somewhat. camera + three lenses < 1kg...
  7. markowich

sensor filter crack

steve, sorry but i am a complete loss about what you want to say. peter
  8. markowich

sensor filter crack

no--)))
  9. markowich

sensor filter crack

on top of my M9 problem the exposure meter of the S2 has failed yesterday.it adds about three stops to some frames, on average every second shutter release. amazing quality control issues for the most expensive almost-medium format system of the world. here i am in japan with about 7-8 kilos of...
  10. markowich

sensor filter crack

overhead compartment. peter
  11. markowich

sensor filter crack

short update on the fuji XPro-1: extremely lightweight system (camera+3 lenses = 1kg), nevertheless build quality seems ok. there was a lot of rain in tokyo today so i did not take the camera out too much (not sure how much water it can take, probably not much), just shot around a bit in the...
  12. markowich

sensor filter crack

jono, i hope -and believe- they will fix it free. if not i am jost going to use it as paperweight and put the M lenses on the fuji, once the M adapter will be out. 1.5 focal length factor---grrrrrr-----)))). peter
  13. markowich

sensor filter crack

yes, X-Pro1. i went to the store again in the afternoon and on second thought i bought the whole system, X-Pro1, all three available lenses and a flash. what the heck....i spent less for the whole lot than on my summilux M 35mm. japanese warranty only but if it breaks i shall send it to my...
  14. markowich

sensor filter crack

marc, i had the M9 delivered one day before the official announcement---))). so technically it is out of warranty, but we shall see.... anyway, even a tourist takes a backup along, i didn't. but i took all my five M lenses---)))) peter
  15. markowich

sensor filter crack

flew off to tokyo two days ago, took the M9 out of the backpack this morning to clean the sensor...sensor (filter) cracked on top left corner. useless piece of junk. off to yodobashi to buy a fuji X1Pro......held it in my hands but couldn't get myself to buy it. feels plasticky and big. bad day...
  16. markowich

it will be super interesting to see Nikon D800 VS Leica S2

hi kit, i see...well, my philosophy is science ...and the rest of it. cheers, peter
  17. markowich

i knew someone would say this--(((( anyway, i have tried. peter
  18. markowich

isn'nt it that scientists are from venus and philosophers from mars? peter
  19. markowich

Fun with the V1

peter, right, photography with the V1 is a lot of fun. have you printed (if yes, what size&iso)? peter
  20. markowich

i see your point. but it is at the heart of my scientific believes that generally 'numbers' have a deep impact on reality and that they are able to represent a strong part of what we perceive, if interpreted correcty of course. but this is a philosophical point, not a photographic one---)))...