The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. markowich

sensor filter crack

flew off to tokyo two days ago, took the M9 out of the backpack this morning to clean the sensor...sensor (filter) cracked on top left corner. useless piece of junk. off to yodobashi to buy a fuji X1Pro......held it in my hands but couldn't get myself to buy it. feels plasticky and big. bad day...
  2. markowich

monsoon over hyderabad

M9, 50mm LUX, iso 160. late afternoon today. peter
  3. markowich

M9 rangefinder misalignment

i just realized a strange misalignment of the rangefinder of my M9. the images inside the rangefinder patch cannot be brought to coincide anymore, they show some vertical displacement, i.e. one image always stays slightly above the other. this happens with all the lenses which i have with me on...
  4. markowich

S2 in the field: Jerusalem

we took the S2 with the three lenses to israel and did already a full day of shooting with it. yesterday we decided to leave the 70mm lens in the hotel....it was 34 centigrades in jerusalem. we headed straight into the old city, which is not a generic MF territory: dark alleys, street...
  5. markowich

S2 >base iso

i am rather happy with S2 IQ at base iso, except the CA problems discussed in a different thread here. beyond base iso i am not to happy...320iso is mostly ok, 640iso is hardly usable for critical work. i attach an frame taken with the 180mm lens at 640iso (full image) and a 100% crop. you can...
  6. markowich

SE 18 Service

maybe some of you remember the distorsion problems i had with the SE 18mm, if you don't please take a look at the attached jpg. i then sent the lens to leica, where it sat for more than 2 months. today i received the following email, which-for the fun of it, i quote in full (german) detail...
  7. markowich

H4D60? for david grover...

david, is there anything that you can already tell us about your tests with the H4D60? when will it be out...finallly? thanks, peter
  8. markowich

S2 versus H4D40/50 test

apologies if this was posted before: Hasselblad H4D: Versuch einer Standortbestimmung | photoscala it is an interesting comparism of the H4D40/50 and the S2. it shows that Hasselblad's software works extremely well and one might be lead to conclude that the H4D40 wins out against the S2 due to...
  9. markowich

H3D II 50 in Beijing

lady with H3DII 50 and some lenses in the backpack. she keeps asking me 'where is the H4D 60 ?'--)))) picture taken with leica M9, 35mm LUX ASPH., in beijing two days ago. peter
  10. markowich

leica red figures

i just posted this in the leica forum: here is a press release on leica's finances, published by the online service of the austrian tv company: http://futurezone.orf.at/stories/1632850/ if you buy the S2+lenses now then nobody might be there to provide service after two year's time because...
  11. markowich

M9 in Saudi Arabia

hi friends, i just posted this over at the L-Camera Forum i just came back from a trip to saudi arabia (jeddah and thuwal), where i had some spare time to take the M9 + summi 24 and 58, summicron 28 for a spin. all worked flawlessly (for three days), the 41 degrees of heat were no problem. i am...
  12. markowich

m9 D3x comparism

i just posted this over at the leica forum, but maybe folks here are interested too. so here it is: i did some low iso comparisms between D3x and M9 today, both at their respective base isos.. nikon 85 f1.4 and leica summicrom 90mm. NX 2 for NEFs and lightroom (GRRRRRRR!!!!!) for DNGs. out of...