The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Wayne Fox

LR 9.2 ... IQ4 150 now supported!

For those Phase One closet Lightroom users out there, or for those that just depend on LR’s Library module for it’s DAM features (much better than Capture one), todays release supports the IQ4 150! Also Lightroom finally supports PSB files .... big deal for those using Lightroom and doing pano...
  2. Wayne Fox

IQ4 150 averaging tool

Anyone tried the IQ4 150 averaging tool yet? My back just arrived, and I’ll admit I don’t quite understand the interface. can’t seem to find any documentation online for it.
  3. Wayne Fox

Canon 24mm T/S vs 28 Rodenstock on IQ3 100

I’ve been searching for some real comparisons to see if the Canon is a viable alternative. The CMOS back seriously challenges the Rodie with lens cast, and probably even some crosstalk. While most of the time a C1 LCC resolves it adequately, I’ve found there are images that are unrecoverable...
  4. Wayne Fox

RRS L bracket for GFX

I just received this bracket today. I thought the idea was that the bracket could be loosened and expanded far enough to access the battery but it doesn’t seem to open far enough. Have to take the bracket off to get the battery door open far enough to change batteries. I”m in Hawaii and my...
  5. Wayne Fox

GFX focal length gap ...

So I don't see anything in Fuji's timeline to address the large focal length gap between the 63mm to 110mm. I opted for the 120 macro so the gap is even wider. I've thrown my HC 50-110 in the bag, it performs decently well, but obviously it's a heavy lens, which contradicts one of the reasons...
  6. Wayne Fox

GFX adapter for Phase Lenses?

Anything out there yet to put Phase glass on a GFX?
  7. Wayne Fox

Arches N.P. closed 7pm to 7am Sun-Thurs

Thought I'd post this in case anyone has a trip planned to Moab, Utah (since for many it's on the way to Ken and Don's upcoming workshop). Because of major road construction all roads in the Park are closed from 7pm to 7am Sun - Thurs. Apparently they are open normally Fri and Saturday night...
  8. Wayne Fox

Can't apply an LCC

Sorry for posting this here as it's more to do with post processing, but guessing that this is the best forum where there are users of the LCC function of C1 with tech cameras. I have a shot taken with my 28mm lens on my arca. I forgot to take an LCC, but have a LCC from the day before. when...
  9. Wayne Fox

300mm and IQ3 100 EFC

So I gave up on the 300mm some time back with my Phase system because it just couldn’t deliver a sharp image with the shutter bounce. The 240 is a beautiful lens, but too heavy and too expensive for the few times I actually shoot a telephoto. So I’m wondering if the 300 performs any better...
  10. Wayne Fox

Image Professor tip on color sky issues with tech cams

I assume most of you using Capture One get the Image Quality Professors emails and maybe check out his posts, but perhaps some of you are like me and just sort of ignore them since I’ve been doing it so long I get stuck in a rut. But this one was interesting and seemed useful to those of us...
  11. Wayne Fox

IQ3 80 Long exposure mode

I keep getting the message to consider long exposure mode when taking shots with my IQ3 80 back. From what I can see it sets a minimum ISO of 200 which is 2 stops of light difference, but typically when I'm shooting these long exposures I have 4 to 10 stops of ND in front of the lens, so the...
  12. Wayne Fox

Leica 28-35-50

I’ve had this a while, kept thinking I would try it out on my Sony, but need the cash. $3700 plus shipping. U.S. only.
  13. Wayne Fox

New Batis 25mm

I have a new Batis 25mm in box, all I did was take it out of the box and shoot a few test shots (it’s sharp). Decided my 16-35 is good enough since the Sony system is my backup to my backup, and am upgrading to the IQ3 100 so looking to sell some gear to finance the new back. I think they are...
  14. Wayne Fox

Sony a7r body, with charger and RRS L bracket

Nearly new (@3400 actuations) Sony a7r, including a wall charger (not included when new), and RRS BA7-L Bracket ($175 new). Includes shipping to U.S address (U.S. buyers only). Asking $1100
  15. Wayne Fox

PhaseOne SF vibration mode, AF fine tune, battery

Things are gradually returning to normal (or should I say settling into my new normal with the major life changes I’ve just gone through), and so my new XF/380/40-80mm just arrived. Been fun. I must say the camera controls seem well thought out and a dream to use compared to anything I’ve used...
  16. Wayne Fox

arca swiss rm3di serial number

Need this for an insurance rider. I can't find any number except a small white label on the inside - seems strange it would be a label so I'm sure I'm missing something.
  17. Wayne Fox

Lightroom and PSB files

I was hopeful Lightroom 6(CC) would finally support PSB files, as at least 50% of my work ends up as a PSB because they are larger than 4gb. Since PSB support isn’t part of the new Lightroom, I have a video that shows how I’ve started working around this problem recently, something a little...
  18. Wayne Fox

Masks in Lightroom ..

Noticed this board and thought I’d contribute something that others may find useful. I haven’t seen this concept ever presented by anyone else, although that’s not saying others haven’t. I do a few videos, the target audience are customers of my camera stores, and many readers here are far...
  19. Wayne Fox

lens not waking up digital back

I have one lens which for some reason doesn't seem to be working correctly on my arca setup. I'm not exactly sure how the Kapture Group cable works (and why it plugs into the lens), but I'm assuming something is wrong in the lens so the cable/back doesn't detect the shutter tripping. I always...
  20. Wayne Fox

accurate long exposure control with tech

Anyone using some type of timer/controller to the cable release of a tech so exposures over 1 second are consistent?