The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

Phase One XF with Schneider-Kreuznach 120mm TS issue?

Hi there Just tried my Schneider-Kreuznach 120mm TS lens on my XF and it doesn't work.. ie the shutter doesn't fire. Are there any settings I need to change (as I see the lens is listed as still current, so should work I hope!) I also have an Ersat 30mm fisheye lens with manual aperture ring...
  2. A

Yet more tethering know-how required!

I have just upgraded from 645DF and P40+ to a DF+ and IQ160, and am looking for some tethering advice. On the P40+ I used a super-long FW cable, with a FW converted to FW800, to another Thunderbolt converter to work on my Macbook Air. Sounds like problems waiting to happen, but was in fact...
  3. A

FS:Mamiya/ Phase One Zoom AF 75-150mm f/4.5D UK

For sale, my Mamiya Zoom AF 75-150mm f/4.5D lens. Same as the Phase One version but Mamiya branded. It's in excellent condition and comes with original box. Comes with hood and both caps. Looking for £1200 + shipping at cost (insured) to wherever you are! I'm in Northamptonshire in UK...
  4. A

FS Mamiya D (Phase One) 28mm f4.5 lens

I'm selling my Mamiya D 28mm f4.5 lens. It's identical to the Phase One version. I'd describe it as Exc++ although I can't see any faults on it at all. Optically and mechanically perfect. I've used on on my P40+ back and it's stunning. It comes with lens hood and rear cap, the gelatin filter...
  5. A

Custom function error on Phase 64DF

I've set the Custom Function on my 645DF so I use the back-button focus method. (So AF is disabled off shutter release and I use the teeny-tiny AEL button on the back with my thumb to focus. However, it seemed that randomly it would suddenly swop to normal shutter-button focus. Or so I...
  6. A

Phase One 645DF "AF ON" rear button focus

On my Nikon and Canon DSLRs, I use the "rear button AF ON" method of using autofocus. ie. Half-pressing the shutter doesn't activate the AF, but pushing the rear AF ON button does. I leave the AF mode to continuous, so it's continuous AF if you keep your thumb on the button, and single shot/...
  7. A

Arca style plate for Phase One DF with V-Grip?

After buying the V-Grip thing, and now swopping my Gitzo head for an Arca Swiss head to use the vertical plate in the grip, it obviously leaves the Phase with no base plate to use the camera in horizontal position on a tripod. Yes, I know I can take the V-Grip off but I want to leave it on for...
  8. A

Why does Phase One DF suddenly change aperture?

Just wondered if anyone else had this problem. Shooting on a tripod, DF with P40+, tethered to a Mac, shooting the 28mm Mamiya fully manual at f11. Everything fired by cable release. All is good. Then the next shot is taken with the lens wide open for no reason. The aperture has suddenly gone...
  9. A

Medium Format video anyone?

Phase One rumoured to be working on RAW video... (and yes, my American friends, that is the correct spelling of rumour). http://www.eoshd.com/content/435-Rumour-Phase-One-to-release-digital-back-with-live-view-and-RAW-video
  10. A

New Mamiya/ Phase One Schneider Tilt and Shift

Looks interesting... http://www.photographyblog.com/news/schenider_kreuznach_pc-ts_apo-digitar_5.6_120_hm_aspheric/ I don't know much about Schneider lenses, but I presume it's a 120mm focal length?
  11. A

few days in California... Sacramento to LA trip

Sorry, I know it's not directly camera related... but many of you are USA types! I have a shoot in Sacramento on May 21/22. Then have to be in So Cal for another from May 27-30. (Shooting motocross... U.S. national at Sacremento, U.S. motocross GP in San Bernadino). So I have a few days to...
  12. A

645 DF flash sync... only 1/400th sec?

Seduced by the 1/1600th flash sync of the new Phase One 645DF, leaf shutter lenses and p40+ back, I bit the bullet and picked mine up yesterday. And to my surprise, I can only make it sync properly at 1/400th or below. At that speed, all is good. Above it, it's not. I'm using Elinchrom Ranger...