The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Eoin

RRS Plates for A7II in stock

Just a quick heads up for anyone who's been waiting for the BA72 or BA72-L for the A7MkII to be in stock on the RRS website, there is stock now!.
  2. Eoin

WTB: C/Y Zeiss Planar 100 & RRS BH30

Looking to purchase a late MMG or MMJ version of the Contax Zeiss Planar 100mm f/2.0. May also consider a Sonnar of the same ilk. Also looking for a RRS BH30 with leaver clamp if possible. I'm located in Ireland & willing to purchase from anywhere (within reason). Thanks!.
  3. Eoin

A big thank you!.

Hi to all, and more so to those who's user names I still recognise :D . I've been away from the forum and photography for nearly four years now due to work and general life commitments. But things have improved and I found myself scratching my photography itch yet again. A quick look into my...
  4. Eoin

FS: (EU) Minolta 58mm f:1.2 Rokkor Sony Alpha Mount

MC-Rokkor-PG 58mm f:/1.2 converted to Minolta/Sony Alpha mount. This lens is ...... special. Pretty clean copy, slight paint loss on the edges of the scalloped focusing ring. Glass is clean and no marks that I can see. James Lao adapter with 60mm focal length and max aperture of f:/1.1 info...
  5. Eoin

FS: (EU) Sandisk Extreme IV 45MB/s CF Cards

I have a selection of genuine Sandisk Extreme IV 45MB/s Cards 16Gb €70 each 8Gb €35
  6. Eoin

Leica 1.25x Mag & UvIr Filters & Stuff

Cleaning out the bottom drawer stuff, guess what I found! Leica 1.25X Magnifier (missing rubber ring) €150 Leica UVIr 60mm Black €50 Leica UVIr 46mm Black €50 Leica UVIr 55mm Black €30 (Cleaning Marks) Leica Diopter +3 ( I'm Blind) €40 Grey Plastic Back to Back Rear Lens Cap €30 Leica UVOOF...
  7. Eoin

FS: (EU) Gitzo & RRS Stuff

I have the following items for sale. With regards to the RRS stuff I've taken their prices and reduced them by 30% Since these are already within the EU there is no further import duty to be paid. My prices include insured registered post within the EU, longer distances will require a...
  8. Eoin

FS: (EU) Sony a900's & Lenses

I've come to the conclusion that I have too much gear and not enough time to use it unfortunately. So I'll offer it here and see if any one has an interest in it. The equipment was purchased brand new during Jan-May 2009. I have all the original packaging to go with each item. Prices are in...
  9. Eoin

Sony SLT - EVF , what's the point?.

I took delivery of the a55 last week and this weekend past was the first real chance I had to use it. While the camera it's self is very capable in terms of image quality and the video function seems fine, I'm left with the impression that this generation of SLT is not a practical replacement...
  10. Eoin

Need Help from a US based forum member.

Help!. I've an upcoming work project (non Photography) and I've identified a product I need to purchase. Problem is the Manufacturer will only ship to a US based address. I'm looking for a kind forum member who would be willing to Accept delivery and forward the product on to me in Ireland...
  11. Eoin

External Storage recommendations ??

Looking for an external storage solution for my Mac Pro & MBP. Mainly raw image backup store location, Aperture managed library and other junk (movies, music) one collects. I'm considering a Sonnet Fusion D500P 5 disk external enclosure and a PCIe Sonnet Tempo SATA E4P controller as the best...
  12. Eoin

Found: - RRS PCL-1 panning clamp

I'm looking for one of these panning clamps if you have one. It would be even nicer if yours had the dovetail adapter to sit directly into the ballhead QR clamp. Shipping would be to Ireland (Dublin) and I'm not fussed on the carrier, USPS has always worked well. Let me know if your thinking...
  13. Eoin

New 3800, any helpful tips?

Hi, after some discussion over on the Sony forum I decided to replace my old reliable Canon i9950 for a new standard Epson 3800. I set it up last night and ran a few prints off just to make sure everything was OK. My initial impression was good, but not hugely better than the i9950. But it's...
  14. Eoin

FS: (EU) Leica UV/IR filters 46mm 55mm 60mm

I have a couple of filters left over from my M8. Leica 46mm UV/IR complete with original packaging. Used but in excellent condition Leica 60mm UV/IR complete with original Packaging, Very lightly used, in mint condition. Leica 55mm UV/IR comes with original case but no outer box, slight...
  15. Eoin

FS: (EU) Leica 1.25 Magnifier

I have a used Leica 1.25 x magnifier left over from my M8 clear out. The magnifier is missing the rubber ring around the eye piece. This is a fairly common complaint with these but if you tend to use a screw-in diopter it won't cause a problem. Should you wish to use the magnifier with...
  16. Eoin

Sony 70-400 G

It arrived earlier in the week but I haven't had a chance to even take it out for a spin except for this mornings walk to the park to feed the ducks. Here is my first impression, sure to change when I fully understand the lens. Overall the colour isn't so bad, silver or white it'd still stand...
  17. Eoin

FS: (EU) 12mm CV Heliar €500 + fees

I have a mint 12mm Heliar (black) for sale. Comes with all original packaging and 12mm hot shoe VF Also comes with LTM to M mount and Hard case to store the lens and VF No filter and not coded. Price €500 + Shipping and Paypal extra.
  18. Eoin

One of those Dumb which lens should I buy Questions

OK here goes, Sold my Leica kit, have some camera/lens funds to burn, problem is if I don't sink it into camera kit it will get lost into family finances and you know what that means.......100 times harder to get it back out again :ROTFL: I'm toying with the idea of a 2nd a900 and the new...
  19. Eoin

Summicron 90 pre Asph

Summicron 90 pre Asph. This lens is not 6 bit coded. Lens has wear marks consistent with careful use, there is some dust/bubbles in the elements again consistent with a lens of it's age. I do not have any of the original packaging. This lens has worked perfectly on my M8. €450 paypal & shipping...
  20. Eoin

FS: Summarex 85 f:/1.5

My trusty old summarex, this lens has a few issues, not surprising for it's age. Apart from cleaning marks and bubbles in the elements, there is what seems to be slight dis colouration on the coating of an internal element. Malcom Taylor restored this for me a year ago and it works perfectly on...